ASPHYXIATE REC IS BACK!! Zombiefication - Midnight Stench OUT NOW!!

khaos666

Mar 31, 2009
ar023.jpg

www.asphyxiaterecordings.com

Hopefully we will have our stalls back in action up some upcoming Metal Evilution shows! All cds as usual $10 each!!!!!!!!!!!

New Review ZOMBIEFICATION - Midnight Stench CD in Voices From the Darkside Zine...

"Diary log, somewhere in the early 90s in a remote secret laboratory in Sweden…the experiments have been successful…at least in a way, they do. The virus we have created proved to be resistant to the outer environment, although grows better in colder lands…the first infected creatures were given names of Apocalyptic visions…one is NIHILIST…the other is TOXAEMIA…and a last one is GROTESQUE…at least the ones I can remember now…this virus we have named "Svensk Dods Metal" has proven to be too dangerous…quite infective I must add…by mistake the three subjects infected were supposed to be dead, thus buried outside…we should cremated them instead…for some reason they have awaken back from the dead…and are infecting in the nearby area…just we hope it does not reaches the shores…if water does not kills this virus, then it is too late for the human race…I left this as a statement to whomever it might concern…if you read this, it is sure we are all dead…dead…" "Diary log, somewhere in 2010 in a secret lab located in Mexico…the subject we are analyzing have been named ZOMBIEFICATION due to the weird strange form that bitten victims turns into…found a diary log in the secret documents, from what seemed to be a failure experiment in Sweden…this matches perfectly the description, of utter horror, I am afraid. The symptoms are all similar…bodies tremble with constant riffs of heavy guitars, pounding drumming from the heart and the scream and vocals…the pain that can be heard here talks about darkness, vision from the end and the rise of the undead…yes, probably nothing new nor different from the diary log that the Swedish (dead) colleagues were talking about…yet I found interesting that this virus has been detected in other places in the world…it seems that in recent years the virus has been coming out from nowhere, and that this infestation has no end in sight…sometimes the infection is not that severe and tends to turn into just a fashionable disease…but others, this recalls the horror of the originators…in this case, I am shocked to say it calls the last action…I have to stop writing here…my arm feels heavy…my breath is heavy…my heart is heavy…it seems I will soon face DEATH…end of the diary." www.myspace.com/zombiefication666, www.asphyxiaterecordings.com

Julián "Decaying" Nuñez

New Review ZOMBIEFICATION - Midnight Stench CD in Mystical Music Magazine...

ZOMBIEFICATION are another hot as hell skullcrusher from Mexico where you worship the old way of Death fuckin' Metal!!! all secrets are unveiled in our interview in this issue, so more or less you dont have to be a poet or intellectual idiot to describe this album, because thats simply 90ies Death Metal again with a huge Scandinavian edge. "Midnight Stench" is for all those sickos out there who need their daily dose of "Left Hand Path", "Where No Light Dwells" etc - raw and meaty hold prime time Death Metal!!! Another really good example that a well executed version of that particular style doesnt need Swedish origins to hit you hard - BEWARE!!! The band name ZOMBIEFICATION speaks for the concept itself, so take a listen to the undead before they get you in your sweet little living room!!

Ralf Hauber - Mystical Music Magazine

New Review ZOMBIEFICATION - Midnight Stench CD in Forbidden Magazine...

The air is thick with the smell of death as you squeak open the cemetery gate. The moon is obscured by ominous clouds and the shadows cast play tricks on your eyes. Something moves and you know the end has just begun . . .

With all the music being written by Mr. Jacko, it is evident that a good deal of work was put into Zombiefication’s Midnight Stench. The songs move well between passages and form a very cohesive whole for the listener. A slow-paced intro, The Shining, briefly sets the tone before Cryptic Broadcast comes to pull the flesh from your face with its blasting thrash attack. This track in particular really stood out to me as far as being the most memorable, and I felt that, after this strong opening, the band simply followed in the same suit, showing little diversion from the elements found in Cryptic Broadcast. Don’t get me wrong, fuckers, this album is still heavy as a headstone! Anthem to the Deathmarch makes good use of galloping rhythms, razor-sharp guitar leads, and skull-fracturing breakdowns. The quasi-instrumental, Sleepless Mutter, which begins as slow and tempting as Death itself, with only whispers, unfolds into what may be the strongest track on the album. The vocals overwhelm you with emotion and anguish; unfortunately, this is the only song on the release which lyrics are not printed in the attractive booklet. The song is dedicated to Goat Destroyer (Raped God 666) 1977 – 2009 R.I.P.

As someone who has been an audio engineer, and Pro Tools certified for too many years, I know there is a lot of bullshit that you can do in the studio to have your sound come off sounding better than it really is. Anytime I hear metal with as clean a production as Midnight Stench, I always make sure that what I am hearing is the real deal. Zombiefication have delivered an album of honest performance and skill, which vows to rip apart any naysayers without warning. Other than from a few tracks, I can’t say that I was completely destroyed by Midnight Stench: the songs are heavy and well written, but they don’t bring anything new to the funeral, so to speak. The closing track, The Early Years, completes the album with some favorable destruction . . . perhaps foreshadowing what is to come next, or, perhaps, offering a view into the past.

Zombiefication deliver something for everyone. Don’t be afraid . . . fill your lungs with the Midnight Stench!
www.myspace.com/zombiefication666