ASSAILANT sign to Dockyard 1

Gaunerin

vanquish the pain
Oct 5, 2001
ensamhetens vildmark
Sweden based six-piece Assailant are signing to German label Dockyard 1!

The first statement from the label is as follows:
"Assailant are our new signing from Umeå/Sweden and convinced us with their huge wall of sound with melodic paintings, a threatening atmosphere and an aggressive edge. They step into the path of the uncountable number of great bands from this town far north like Naglfar, Nocturnal Rites, Persuader ... just to name a few. And there's more than just the local connection, guitar player Oscar is the little brother of Emil Norberg (Persuader/Savage Circus)."

news_assailant.jpg

from left to right: Joakim Jonsson (b), Peder Sandström (keys), Peder Sundqvist (voc),
Patrik Larsson (dr), Oskar Norberg (g), Marcus Sundbom (g)

Naturally, the band is excited as well, says guitarist Marcus Sundbom:
"The deal feels damn good. We've had a more or less complete halt since the Demons Of The Opera gig and to be honest things have felt a little unsure lately. But the deal has surely given us a boost. A good time to start over again!"

that's great, congrats!!! WOOHOOO!

hmm dockyard... just don't get that typical piet-sielck-sound pleaaaase (if he'd be involved in any of the recordings), that would not suit Assailant
AT ALL ;))

Thanx guys =) good times indeed. And I can promise ya that Piet will have nothing to do with us.. We are going to record the vocals outside Hamburg with a guy that goes by the name Clemens, Thats all I know at the moment. Will finish up the vocals in December. No release date set, will be posted at www.dockyard1.com and our band page as soon as we know.

Keep rockin :headbang:

latest press release:

Umeå's youngest, the thrash-oriented ASSAILANT named their debut album on Dockyard 1 "Nemesis Within". Currently singer Peder Sundqvist is recording his vocals at Hammer Music near Hamburg. Check for updates on the recording in their studio diary.

The studio diary is available on the band's website here or at MP

.....he's making fun of us!!:yell:

Peder "Vocals - Assailant" said:
Pssst! I can say that the album will be released somewhere between 17th april and 27th,

I guess it's gonna be 24th. Because that's what Dockyard's been mailing yesterday and by now they should have made a decision. Hopefully.