Astralion - Outlaw

keifling

Eat your Skyline
Jul 31, 2003
Cincinnati
www.keifling.com
My most anticipated release of 2016 appears out of the burial site of the superb but defunct Finnish symphonic power metal band Olympos Mons reincarnated into its later form Astralion, after a long addiction to their self titled debut of 2014. A few reviews are up online elsewhere but needed translation to English for me. You may be more worldly than I. Auto-translate made a mess of the writers' thoughts, but the general consensus among them is quite positive. According to an analysis by my own noggin while enjoying the entire disc yet just once, I can attest that I share my fellow reviewers excitement but need more listening time to delve into details. The overall sound is very much like the first disc, with no line-up changes. Just about all tracks are fast paced and carry on in the vein of the debut, and one of the greatest things about Astralion is that they have not recorded any filler material on either of their full length efforts. I know I didn't give a lot of information here, but I quit writing reviews years ago because these days all you got to do is hit a play button online and... you either like it or you don't. Gone are the days for me of buying blind based on another fan's opinion. I can only assume much of the population likewise. I waited for this CD so much I had to at least address it in some way. This is my avenue.