Voodoo Circle- Broken Heart Syndrome

Harvester

The Promoter
Sep 16, 2001
www.progpowerusa.com
As much as I'm looking forward to the new Poodles and Whitesnake releases, I don't think either of them can top this disc. Hell, I know it's February, but I don't see anything on the horizon coming close. It's a big step up from the debut for me.

It's just awesome bluesy hard rock that truly fits the Whitesnake/Rainbow style.

Thanks to Zane at CD Inzane for the nice surprise in the mail.

As much as I'm looking forward to the new Poodles and Whitesnake releases, I don't think either of them can top this disc. Hell, I know it's February, but I don't see anything on the horizon coming close. It's a big step up from the debut for me.

It's just awesome bluesy hard rock that truly fits the Whitesnake/Rainbow style.

Thanks to Zane at CD Inzane for the nice surprise in the mail.

For some of us...the Evergrey disk is RIGHT on the horizon...

Didn't like the debut in the end though I love Readman's voice. This new album is much better for me. I don't like the 4 or 5 blues songs on it, but can tolerate them cause of the awesome vox. The other songs are just killer melodic hard rock with shred tendencies with much better hooks than the debut IMO. I love the song Wings of the Fury.

. I don't like the 4 or 5 blues songs on it

That's the best part!
rockingbanana.gif

That's the best part!
rockingbanana.gif

Glenn, It's like that blues song you kept going on about on the killer Human Temple album last year. That was the only song I didn't like! hehe! I don't know what it is about blues I don't like. I guess it's just that melancholy unhappy feeling it generates and it sort of drags. Thats why I'm a little bit worried about the new Whitesnake album as people have talked a lot about blues with regard to the songs. I loved GTBB the previous cd and that had some blues but also some regular melodic hard rock. I have read some people saying that this album is in direct competition with Whitesnake album and that VC have it trumped over the 'snake with this release. We shall have to compare in time.

Just listened to the clips....solid stuff. The funny thing is, I read a lot of hate on this board towards Yngwie, and yet so much giddiness over Voodoo Circle. "Broken Heart Syndrome" could easily have been lifted from the Doogie White era Malmsteen cd's. Most of the debut (as I've said before) could have been lifted from "Eclipse". It kinda makes me scratch my head....it would be like loving Airbourne, but hating AC/DC.

Just listened to the clips....solid stuff. The funny thing is, I read a lot of hate on this board towards Yngwie, and yet so much giddiness over Voodoo Circle. "Broken Heart Syndrome" could easily have been lifted from the Doogie White era Malmsteen cd's. Most of the debut (as I've said before) could have been lifted from "Eclipse". It kinda makes me scratch my head....it would be like loving Airbourne, but hating AC/DC.

The huge difference between Voodoo Circle and the Yngwie stuff is that VC is based on songs and not just the lead soloing. Also, the production is excellent, as opposed to the last ones I heard from Yngwie, which sounded quite bad...