Astriaal - Renascent Misanthropy

WNxScythe

May 16, 2004
Found out about these guys and listened to Glories of the Nightsky... loved it at once :).

Anyways I just ordered their latest album, and I noticed the interesting cover art. It looks like some 17th century painting or something... any know what it's from or is it original?

The artwork is a manipulation of some old artwork, but I'll be damned if I can remember which one. The liner notes credit Gryphon (drums), Arzarkhel (vocals) and Feanor for the layout... but that doesnt realy help at all.

Anyway, good to hear you like it. These guys deserve more credit because they're a truly fantastic band, better than a solid majority of the melodic black metal bands around these days. If you get into Renascent Misanthropy you'll probably find it rewarding to track down their earlier MCD's "Deception Revelation" and "Summoning the Essence of Ancient Wisdom".

Yeah these guys are awesome, and I was surprised when I found out they were Australian, do they still tour? I'd be very interested in seeing them.

I saw them in Canberra about a month back and they were incredible.

Unfortunately, Astriaal played their last live performance on saturday for the Brisbane leg of the Metal for the Brain festival. From what I've been told, they're taking the rest of the year off, and may even disband, though nothing is confirmed.

God damn it, I would have loved to have gone to the Metal for the Brain concert, but for some stupid reason, they decided to skip going to Sydney.

*shakes fist*

Cause Sydney's (relatively) close to Canberra, as is Melbourne.

ænimated said:
God damn it, I would have loved to have gone to the Metal for the Brain concert, but for some stupid reason, they decided to skip going to Sydney.

*shakes fist*

Not like it would have been all that much of a mission to get there from Sydney. Fuck, I was gunna fly down from Darwin, but I moved to QLD a few weeks prior, which simplified the journey.

ænimated said:

*shakes fist*

bah, stop complaining, heaps of bands go to sydney....
anyways Astriaal fucking kick ass.
Glories In The Night Sky :headbang:

Morbid_Corpse said:
bah, stop complaining, heaps of bands go to sydney....
anyways Astriaal fucking kick ass.
They do? How can I find out about these, the only band that I know that is coming to Sydney is Nightwish (oh joy).

Décadent said:
Not like it would have been all that much of a mission to get there from Sydney. Fuck, I was gunna fly down from Darwin, but I moved to QLD a few weeks prior, which simplified the journey.
20 hours drive just to go to a metal concert? No thanks.