At All Costs...

eppst1

Mar 18, 2002
Ohio
www.eppst1.com
I saw this band on Headbangers Ball last night with a video for Circle of Demons. Anyone heard of them? They are a new thrash band that is on Century Media.

Check out their video on their myspace page: clicky

WOW....that was complete crap. Just because they can play fast doesnt mean they are good thrash. It seemed like watered down "safe" thrash for the masses. Century Media has fallen in quality the past few years. Nothing is worse in a video where you have "the metal guys" playing in front of "the suits". Almost as generic as playing in an empty warehouse.

If you are looking for good thrash....I highly recommend picking up Evile, Dekapitator, Merciless Death, the Defiance box set, or any band from the Bay Area from 85 - 89.

WOW....that was complete crap. Just because they can play fast doesnt mean they are good thrash. It seemed like watered down "safe" thrash for the masses. Century Media has fallen in quality the past few years. Nothing is worse in a video where you have "the metal guys" playing in front of "the suits". Almost as generic as playing in an empty warehouse.
Sad but true.

It is sad how bad Century Media has become. THey really have gone for the MTV2 Headbangers Ball crowd. I guess it must make money, but I rarely trust any of thier releases anymore unless it is an established band that I know already.

They still have some great bands on the roster though (though I do agree with you for many of the new bands coming out):

Dark Tranquillity, Behemoth, Arch Enemy, Cryptopsy, Finntroll, Into Eternity, Nevermore, etc

If you are looking for good thrash....I highly recommend picking up Evile, Dekapitator, Merciless Death, the Defiance box set, or any band from the Bay Area from 85 - 89.

Geez - didn't think it was that bad. Better than most of the stuff they play on HB nowadays.

Will have to agree that CM has fallen from where they were a few years ago.

I had the most awesome luck last night with HBB. I don't watch it but I decided I would try to flip to it every now and then. I went 5 for 5 with flips, getting 5 quality videos without seeing any of the crap :) I managed to catch: 3, Black Dahlia Murder, Megadeth, Behemoth, Soilwork