At Bodom's Gate - A tribute to Alexi Laiho

drawnacrol

7Slinger
Feb 15, 2007
Ireland
www.youtube.com
I didn't have immediate plans to write another Bodom style track but Alexi's death really hit me hard and I didn't know how to process it. I've never mourned the loss of a celebrity or someone I've never even properly met. His music in Children of Bodom and Sinergy was and still is a huge influence on me. I took all the strange emotions I was feeling and tried to channel them into something creative, the result is this song called "At Bodom's Gate". It references lots of riffs and solos from Alexi's discography which I'm sure many of you will pick out. I originally used the Hatebreeder and Hate Crew Deathroll guitar tones but they didn't work once it came to mixing. I added the guitar tab to get a better idea of what it was meant to sound like.

Attachments

• At Bodom's Gate.gp5
    71.8 KB · Views: 5
I mean what?! :D

Awesome Dude, you got really talent in there. If you would record this Song professional i would say its COB.
I could clearly hear some Hate Me, Warheart, Kissing the Shadows etc.
Really liked it!

The only problems is, i cant Play your tab...comes with an error.

EDIT:
As an info, you linked the wrong Video in your description on YT.

Last edited:
Reactions: drawnacrol
Thanks for watching guys!

I mean what?! :D

Awesome Dude, you got really talent in there. If you would record this Song professional i would say its COB.
I could clearly hear some Hate Me, Warheart, Kissing the Shadows etc.
Really liked it!

The only problems is, i cant Play your tab...comes with an error.

EDIT:
As an info, you linked the wrong Video in your description on YT.

Good spot about the wrong video in the description! Thats strange about the tab but Guitar Pro can be buggy like that. There's so many tabs on Ultimate Guitar I've tried to download but I get an error when I open them. I've uploaded Gp4, Gp5 and Gp6 files here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/3dshs36xhya0zzw/At Bodom's Gate.zip?dl=0

Reactions: Sany
Awesome stuff! Really does sound a lot like Bodom most of the time, and sounds great all of the time!

Congrats man!
As Sany said you can easily get all the influences and the sections of the songs. Great, grat work!

Thanks for watching and really glad you enjoyed it! Great that everyone is picking up on all the nods to various songs. Some of the Sinergy one's aren't as obvious but the Bodom ones are a lot clearer than my last tribute song.