At The Gates - Cold (SSD EX/Lecto)

Earsforeyes

Sep 26, 2010
Finland
Hey all,

I just uploaded a full cover of Cold by At The Gates.

The drums are all Steven Slate Drums 4 EX. 4 tracks of guitar, all Lecto with TSE 808. Unfortunately I didn't have a real bass at hand so the bass track is a pitch shifted guitar. Doesn't sound too bad though IMO. If anyone has tips for how to make the "bass" sound better I'd be really grateful.

Excuse my bad video editing skills/playing.

Anyway, here's the link. Watch in 1080p for the best quality.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, I used lecab, some basic EQ and compression. The impulses I used were s-preshigh and edge sneap or whatever it was.

Thanks a lot! I was actually a bit unsure about the vocals, but I'm starting to feel better about them, haha.

Oh, btw. If anyone wants to try mixing this for practice, lemme know. I think I have all the separate tracks on my hard drive. I can upload a .zip file if anyone is interested.

Would be cool if you upload the stems for people to practice reamping, Cheers great cover

Yeah I did the whole mix pretty fast, and that string noise was on my to do list but I totally forgot it. I will make a .zip file of all the tracks when I get back home and upload it. It contains 4 rhythm guitars, 2 leads, "bass", 3 tracks of vocals and the drum midi.

The guitar I used was a Washburn WM10V with stock pickups. I know it's a cheap piece of shit, but when I tried it in the store I had to get it. Plays super smooth and sounds awesome. Everything seems to be right with this one. I prefer it over my other more expensive guitars any day. It's loaded with 12-60 strings and tuned down to B.

I used my trusty Focusrite Saffire 6 USB to record it.

LeSedna, thanks for commenting. I don't really like djent apart from like 2 or 3 bands. Slaughter of the Soul is probably my favorite metal album ever.

Btw, the separate tracks for this song coming either tonight or tomorrow morning!

if you had real bass it would sound so much better, the guitar tone is actually really similair to the amazing tone on the album, if you where to scoop some more mids it would sound bang on, if you supply the raw stems and midi i would happily record bass and share with everyone

clarbaden, that would actually be really awesome. See this thread later and I'll have the stems uploaded. Thank you in advance!

if you want to make your ''bass'' sound better I sugest sub harmonic enchancers etc, Maxbass from waves might work.
Could you also upload the IR you used for the lecto?