At The gates cover tell me what you think of my mix

AxelACTP

VIVA LA SANDUNGA
Nov 24, 2007
Puerto Rico
So yeah, just a little something i did to test some things i had lying around, tell me what you think, if you want some more details of what i used don't hesitate to ask! :) Guitars were recorded with Podxtlive diamondplate model tubescreamer and 4x12 treadplate cab with condenser mic, btw this mix wasn't intended to imitate the at the gates sound or overall production, but just my own tone and overall sound :)
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=1021874&songID=9511486

Cool cover AND mix for a first post! :D

The bassdrum sounds a bit confined in the mix, try highpassing your guitars a bit more, IMO.

I'd personally like a touch of higher mids more in that guitar tone (wide q, wherever it sounds good) and a bit less of the low ones at about 200 hz (which would let the snare hit more, too).

Cool cover AND mix for a first post! :D

The bassdrum sounds a bit confined in the mix, try highpassing your guitars a bit more, IMO.

I'd personally like a touch of higher mids more in that guitar tone (wide q, wherever it sounds good) and a bit less of the low ones at about 200 hz (which would let the snare hit more, too).

ok so what i remember i did, was with kick drum i did a -4.5db scoop at like 350hz, snare i did a 120 hz low pass or so, and for the guitars a did a 110hz low pass and a 10.5k high pass and then a little bit of tape saturation, i was going to bring a little mids but decided to go with what i had , but i guess i'll try it what you said later! i think that is whats missing! and thanks a lot!;)

Dude this is very cool, I love the original and this is also very well done! Congrats. Did you put a master on this? Sound pretty damn big

Guitars sound nice, what guitar and eqing you use? Not the biggest fan of the drums, but i think it would be hard to replicate the sots drum sound convincingly. Get a real bass and work on the bass tone and add the extra gallops you left out of the riff and i think youd have a pretty decent version.

Guitars sound nice, what guitar and eqing you use? Not the biggest fan of the drums, but i think it would be hard to replicate the sots drum sound convincingly. Get a real bass and work on the bass tone and add the extra gallops you left out of the riff and i think youd have a pretty decent version.

im using a schecter damien 6 left handed, pod was relatively flat on eq, eq on gtr channel in logic 8 was just a high and low pass filter :) yeah i gotta work on the other instruments i'll post an updated versoin later