finally miced up my krank for the first time!

Hey dude, listening to the second one, it's damn good, but too much mids IMO (and that's saying something coming from me ;)), specifically around 1k, so not so much wooly (as I always say :D), but just a bit fuzzy and obscuring the attack of the notes a bit. Generally 1k is the frequency controlled by the mid knob on most amps, so turning that down a bit would make it perfection IMO! (or maybe futzing with the sweep, though I really have no idea as to the effects of different positions of the knob). Mic position sounds great though!

Listening to the first one, sounds like you were too far from the dustcap, and again just a bit too much mids. Both sound killer though, Kranks are the fucking shit!

updated! no need for 16khz boost when I make my low pass filter at around 11-12khz. I boosted a lot of 10khz. The raw tracks sound really muffled. But with some (drastic) eq it starts to sound quiet okay.

ah yeah and felix - I love you too :)

lol, marcus - my mids are at 2.5

thats really not that much :) BUUUUUT I took out some 1khz (I boosted it a bit)! Hope I could get rid of the "woolynes"!

check it out!

oops. yeah. you did. my bad. anyway. I took out some 1khz anyway. whatever wooly means. lol.

Wooly (AKA "stuffy/dense") = 400 Hz; 1k is "fuzzy" IMO, with the AM radio sound if it goes overboard. And I assume you updated the mp3 of the second link, so listening to that it sounds better in that regard, though now I feel the guitars are a bit too soft (or maybe the snare too loud). The tone could use a tad more bite/cut though IMO, a slight boost at 4k would take care of that (or more presence on the amp), but now I'm nitpicking!

I think it will be song number "23". The writing is allmost done. Next will be 21 oder 24. Still not sure. Sorry to everyone else who doesn't know what I'm talking about. :)