Working up my broken relationship (lot's of hatred, kranks and addrums + real bass)

Emdprodukt

Member of Dude Castle 69
Jun 26, 2007
Kiel, Germany
It never took me so long to finish a song but I really took my time with this one and it turned out awesome (in my highly subjective opinion). I had enough time last week so I used it for something that's worth it.

intro is stradivari violin vst and ad drums

Guitars are:
LTD MH-1000 (emg 81)
Krank Rev1
Fx-Send + impulse
line out + impulse
palmer pdi 09 with 4x12 cab simulation
cleantracks are out of the gearbox

Bass:
DI Track with ampeg impulse
some gearbox bassamp with eden impulse
a lot of processing

Drums are AD Drums.

I'm planing to have Felix Neumann playing a solo in that song. I will record the vocals (my best friend will be the singer) next week.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=801612&songID=7466228

Hahahah I love the intro a lot...sounds like someone plays GTA4 on psychoactive drugs! The Idea is very good imo! Especially the adding into the riffing bed.

The riffing is AWESOME!!! Compliments for that. It would be an honor for me to contribute a solo! Just tell me "at wich point" you wanna have it and I´ll inaugurate my brand new KRANK for it :D (btw I´m totaly in love with this sweet, nasty bitch of an amp) Looking forward to it, bro!!! Keep me updated.

About the mix I cannot say something negative. Drums are well programmed, Guitars sounds like deadly saws and the overall sound is very good!

It sounds good dude!!! Like deadly saws as Felix already said!
I see you tried many tracks for guitars (send,line-out,palmer). Which one did you finally used with what impulse?
I don't really like the snare,but I don't generally like Addictive snares,so I replace them all the time...

Before you start the gta4 game, there are loading pictures. The soundtrack of this reminds me a bit of your intro, but only the instruments :) It sounds cool!

Holy shit, without reading these replies about it sounding like GTA4, i thought the exact same thing.. lol.

Hey great stuff, riffage is brutal as fook and this needs vocals!!

Haha Metaljonesy..I accompany you by the mystic quest of the holy grail, namely..THE BEST KRANK SOUND!!! :) I think, I have actually found a very nice setting. I´ll post some clips in the near future.

I can't wait to record vocals next week! Felix will record his solo during the next week, too.

I already recorded some stuff...You can be curious, dude. I´m nearly satisfied with it. Sometimes I am in a certain muse and *bang* I have an Idea immediately. I love, when this happens!

not at all! I'm glad you like it!

REV:

Presence: 3,5 (useless with impulses)
Sweep: 3,5
Bass: 6
Midrange: 2,5 (I turn it up in a live situation to 4-5)
Treble: 6
Master: 4
Gain: 5

OD808:

Overdrive: 7 o'clock
Balance: 12 - 1 o'clock
Tone: 11 o'clock

Not too much EQ afterwards. Impulse is "NewIR_1".

I needed something new. Vanity Ruins is over. I don't want to sound like them anymore. I just sound like I do. This was supposed to be an intro for vanity ruins month ago but our drummer hated the violins and polyrythms.