At the Gates DVD...

stringy_

Jul 10, 2006
I remember awhile back hearing that ATG was releasing a DVD or something with old live footage and new studio footage with the members at Fredman...am I correct? Or was I too high that night?

Anybody have any info? I can't find anything on Google or anywhere else.

the_drip said:
oh..I have that one...has like 4 or 5 bonus tracks? I thought this was somethign newer than that even.
Yes, the dual disc is a new reissue, I believe that's what the OP is referring to instead of a CD+DVD. Dual disc is one disc - on one side is the audio CD part, and when you turn the disc around, there's the DVD part.

It's now the third reissue of SotS :zombie:

Yeah, I didn't know they were reissuing Slaughter. That's cool, I wouldn't mind having another copy, lol!

Here's the info from Amazon.com :

"2006 Limited Edition Dual Disc reissue of this 1995 Metal masterpiece features six bonus tracks on the audio side plus a 35 minute documentary on the DVD side. The bonus audio tracks are 'Legion' (Slaughterhouse Cover), 'The Dying' (Unreleased Track), 'Captor Of The Sin' (Slayer Cover), 'Unto Others' ('95 Demo), 'Suicide Nation' ('95 Demo) and 'Bister Verkilghet' (No Security Cover). The documentary features interviews with the band members, 'Blinded By Fear' promo video and more. Earache."

$30.99!!!

lol. its ok. Just was perplexed by "9/11" conspiracy....wondered what it had to do with ATG.

I got the album today... watched the documentary during dinner, have to say it was pretty interesting. Nothing extraordinary though... I knew most of the technical stuff already; like that they used a BOSS Metal Zone for the guitars, into a crappy/cheap Peavey with a home built cabinet that had two broken speakers. What I DID NOT know about the guitars was that they used four SM57's... two on each working speaker I guess; one was 10" and one 12".