May 21, 2002
North Bethesda, Maryland
Summer 2008 Reunion Line-up

• Adrian Erlandsson - Drums
  • Martin Larsson - Guitar
  • Anders Björler - Guitar
  • Tomas Lindberg - Vocals
  • Jonas Björler - Bass
Also in March Earache records will release again Slaughter of the Soul with a rare concert on DVD - live in Krakow, Poland November 30th, 1995

Setlist:
1. Terminal Spirit Disease
2. Cold
3. The Swarm
4. Blinded By Fear
5. Nausea
6. Forever Blind
7. Need
8. Kingdom Gone

Cold is on YouTube from this concert and it rules! I'm excited about this DVD and the reunion shows. I hope they record it.

Slaughter of the Soul-
Cold-
Under a Serpent Sun-
The Swarm
Terminal Spirit Disease
Suicide Nation-
Raped By the Light of Christ
Windows
World of Lies-
The Burning Darkness
The Beautiful Wound
All Life Ends
Need-
-------------
Blinded By Fear-
Kingdom Gone

I wouldn't mind this At The Gates reunion so much if they didn't waste time playing 7 songs from that shit fest Slaughter of the Soul.

I mean, yeah, atleast they're playing Windows, and then Kingdom Gone as the final song, but nothing in the world warrants the ignoring of other much better material while having half the fucking setlist being from Slaughter of the Soul.

Then again, the only reason that they reunited was money, so I guess having a setlist filled with a sellout albums tracks would be quite fitting.

I wouldn't mind this At The Gates reunion so much if they didn't waste time playing 7 songs from that shit fest Slaughter of the Soul.

I mean, yeah, atleast they're playing Windows, and then Kingdom Gone as the final song, but nothing in the world warrants the ignoring of other much better material while having half the fucking setlist being from Slaughter of the Soul.

Then again, the only reason that they reunited was money, so I guess having a setlist filled with a sellout albums tracks would be quite fitting.

"Well, it felt like the timing was right for once. We have been talking about a possible reunion for years now, but this was the first time everything fell into place. For me personally, it feels like getting closure. The break-up over ten years ago was abrupt and left a bad vibe between us that took years to get over. We have a better relationship today and a more relaxed approach to who we are and what we do. The time is right to get together and play some shows. Try to catch us live in the summer 2008. It could be your last chance"

When asked in October 2007 if the band was planning on writing a new album, Lindberg replied:

"No new record will be recorded. The legacy of Slaughter of the Soul will remain intact. It would be fun to write together, but not under the name of At the Gates."
One of my favorite quotes.

I thought Slaughter was excellent too.

Couldn't care less about the money issue, Eric. It's all well and good hoping that all musicians play purely for the music and have lots of cash to let them live comfortably, but put in a position where they maybe don't have a huge income, it's hard to criticise them for getting together to earn some money, especially when you realise it'll probably be fun and lots of folks would enjoy it.