Atavism is SPLENDID!

Nate The Great

What would Nathan do?
May 10, 2002
www.ultimatemetal.com
Why hasn't anybody done a thread on Slough Feg? I really love Atavism. I'm sure it would have been top 10 or 15 for me, if I would have bought it sooner.

Are there other CD's this good? And don't tell me to do a search for all the other threads.:loco:

Also . . . Slough Feg crushes the Hammers (actually Hammers is probably more original, but Slough Feg is just way too much fun).

Well, I think seeing them live soured JK on the band, who was their biggest RC proponent. Personally, I think if you've heard one SF disc, you've heard them all. Quite honestly, they bore me on CD and are sleep-inducing live.

Zod

I love these guys love, Down Among the Deadmen and Twilight of the Idols rock just as much (idols perhaps more) than atavism. But they're spring/summer music for me, so I havent' listened to em for a while.

General Zod said:
Well, I think seeing them live soured JK on the band, who was their biggest RC proponent. Personally, I think if you've heard one SF disc, you've heard them all. Quite honestly, they bore me on CD and are sleep-inducing live.

Zod

Actually, JK isn't soured at all; he still loves 'em (and he's slowly converting me!).

"The Traveller" is the one I'm on the lookout for.

General Zod said:

Zod

Huh? News to me! :lol:

Atavism is in my top 10 this year, without doubt. But yeah, their live show wasn't all that (they would have been better as a support act).

Still, I've said it a million times, I'm not going to abandon a band I like just because of a mediocre concert. Man, I'd dismiss 50% of the bands I like if that were the case.

@Nate - Slough Feg and Hammers are worlds apart. Former = beer drinking metal, latter = intelligent riffery and tonnes more variety.

Atavism is their weakest album. Fact. It's goddamn good, but if you liked Atavism that much, GET THE OTHERS NOW! I'd work backwards, the albums get less cohesive/tight as they go backwards, kinda like you'd expect.

Their 4th album,Traveller, is your next step.

JayKeeley said:
Huh? News to me! :lol:
Haven't heard you singing their praises (like you had previosuly) since the show. Just assummed...

JayKeeley said:
Still, I've said it a million times, I'm not going to abandon a band I like just because of a mediocre concert. Man, I'd dismiss 50% of the bands I like if that were the case.
Really? The only band I'd have to dismiss, that comes to mind, is latter day Queensryche and Into Eternity. And they're both dismissed.

I lose a lot of respect for bands who can't cut it live.

Zod

General Zod said:
Really? The only band I'd have to dismiss, that comes to mind, is latter day Queensryche and Into Eternity. And they're both dismissed.

So you no longer listen to "Mindcrime" or "Buried in Oblivion" albums because of poor live performances? That can't be right.

Demilich said:
Atavism is their weakest album. Fact. It's goddamn good, but if you liked Atavism that much, GET THE OTHERS NOW!

Agreed. I think I've always thought this. "I will kill you, You will die" is phenomenal, however, and the album will certainly make my year end list. Yeah, it's not as good as the other SF albums, but I've still listened to it a shit lot more than most other '05 releases.

Their 4th album,Traveller, is your next step.

I'm back to thinking "Traveller" is their best. I mean, come on, "Addendum Gallactus" is a song for the ages....but "High Passage/Low Passage"!!!

You heard about me in the frontier wars
Psionic menace carrying alien spores

:kickass: