Hammers Of Misfortune

97reb

doom classic
Mar 27, 2002
Charlotte, NC, USA
Visit site
Hello! Hello! Curious if any have heard of this band "Hammers Of Misfortune". They seem to have put out two or three cd's over the last 7 years, while various members were doing other things. Two of the band are in another band I like named The Lord Weird Slough Feg. The Hammers seem to have 4 different vocalists and with a definite Black Metal tinge. The Slough Feg is not really in that vein, though, so I am a little curious. AMG gives "The Bastard" by the Hammers a 4.5 of 5 stars. AMG can sometimes be confused, although, I think they are getting much better in their rating programme.

So, any input afore I go spending money on more cd's when I'd rather spend it on gear. If it is an absolute must buy, then I moight get it.

They are excellent. TLWSF is nearly equally awesome.

The August Engine is a combination of power, progressive, folk, doom, and many other styles. As BloodStainedWalls said, it is really hard to describe them besides that they are great.

The August Engine: If Megadeth played in the 70s.

The Bastard: If black metal (and distortion) was around during the Renaissance.

They kick an unbelievable amount of ass. Thanks for the 'zine plug BSW, PLEASE MARRY ME!!!!!!11111