ATG - The Red In The Sky Is Ours (vinyl)

M.Lehto

Jun 25, 2002
Does anyone know is the vinyl of this suberb album rare and are there different prints available? I just wanted to know, since I think I just purchased a copy :loco:

It's fairly fvkking rare and I don't think there are any reprints. I want it. It will be mine someday. I'm not really planning to pay outrageous sums of money for it, though, but OMFG I LOVE THAT ALBUM.

I love this shit too. I already have it in original Deaf Records cd and the 2cd re-release with the 2nd album. My offer for the vinyl was 20€ and he said ok, I guess that was a fair price.

I actually have the red transparent vinyl edition of this.

No, I don't really. But there should be a red version I reckon. That would be cool because, you know, 'the "red" in the sky...' and all that jazz. Get it?

P.S. I do have the new digipak release - I kid thee not!

Me wants it. On the other hands I got Dark Tranquillity - Skydancer and The Mind's I on vinyl today, mint and unplayed :D

You can always toss it back and forth to one another. :D

I have the digipack because I am not tr0000000000000000, but I do have the limited 2CD version of Slaughter of the Soul, actually purchased in 1995 too. Snoogins.

EDIT: I lied, it was in 1996. Whatever.

So now I got it and it sure was the first and only pressing, but funny thing is that since the cd is longer than what can be added to a vinyl, this doesn't include City Of Screaming Statues.

How does this release compare to "Slaughter of Soul"? SotS was one of the first Death Metal CDs I bought (only a few years ago). I thought the first three songs were cool, but the rest of the CD did little for me. My appreciation of Death vocals has increased by leaps and bounds since making that evaluation, and I keep meaning to revisit this CD. I've heard different things, from different people, as to how these discs compare. Any thoughts?

Zod

Well, Terminal Spirit Disease sounds much closer to SotS, than the first two full-lenghts. TRitSiO is much more rawer, more technical and less produced than SotS. There are some similarities, but not many. Also, this album has a violin player and I think it fits here 100%, although he appears only in few spots.

In my opinion, all ATG material is awesome, but it keeps evolving through the albums and without Tomas you might not even think you're listening the same band when listening The Red and then SotS.

I agree with JayKeeley, it's good but not great. There's only so much old skool Swedish death metal I can enjoy, since I find the latter period stuff (like Edge of Sanity and Hypocrisy in the mid to late 90s) so much more interesting.