Atlanta- Volbeat Pre-Show Party

Harvester

The Promoter
Sep 16, 2001
www.progpowerusa.com
You are cordially invited to join Jen & I for dinner/drinks at the Midtown Vortex at 6:00pm this Saturday. This will give everyone time to eat and get sauced for the 9:00 showtime.

See you there.

Hmm, if I don't go to RenFaire on Saturday, I might be up for this. :)

(I could get in some overtime at work instead, but I'd pretty much written that moneymaking effort off already. :))

I was SOOOO LOOKING FORWARD to this show!!!
I've been listening to Volbeat since 2008, when I first heard "Sad Man's Tongue", I was IMMEDIATELY hooked!
So you can imagine how excited I was when I heard they were FINALLY playing a headline show!
Well, fate someimes has a cruel way of playing tricks on us, and it just so happens some really very good friends of mine,
whom my old band played w/ are playing a show the same night! And they've not played in almost 2 1/2 years!
So I'm gonna have to miss this one, unfortunately. :cry:
And DAMNIT I LOVE THE NEW ALBUM!!! :(

That sure sounds like fun. Would love to be there, but I'll be in Vermont - total opposite direction. Have a GREAT time, everyone!!

Which band?

A local Rock/Metal band, that I'm not sure, but I kinda thought you've never heard of dan, called Jackhammer!
Oh & my good friend Fran's new band, Dead Horse Hollow &
our really good friends in Asphalt Valentine @ Sweetwater bar & grill in gwinnett!

Everyone that's going (esp. you Su!)
Have A blast!
Btw, I LOVE The Vortex!!!
I've been twice now!!
Their Burgers RULE!!!:kickass:

I'm looking forward to this show. I'm not very familiar with their material but that singer has such an infectious voice. I enjoy the music too, but I suspect I wouldn't as much if they had a different singer.

I'll likely come by the dinner too and make everyone's acquaintence. I'm sure I've met a few of you before though.

Woah.. I just read that Scott Ian is in one of the opening bands! The Damned Things.

Yep, but he has left the tour temporarily to be with his wife who is expecting a child so he was not at the Dallas show last night. I don't know if he will be back in time for Atlanta.

Bill

Coronary Bypass.

I just saw they have some new items on the menu, including this:

SUPER-STACK HEART ATTACK BURGER
Two half-pound sirloin patties stacked inside three grilled cheese sandwiches, topped with two fried eggs, eight slices of American cheese, ten slices of bacon, with plenty of mayo on the side. With this burger we choose your side for you, and it’s a big bowl of fries and tots covered in our cheesy-cheese goo. 25.95

:OMG: