atmospheric death and black metal

zoidberg

Mallcore Kid
ive been making an attempt lately to listen to more black metal, and it turns out i like the atmospheric stuff. and because no search engine can help me find what i want, im turning to you guys.
just please make sure it is the best music and not the most atmospheric. and that it is indeed, black or death metal. none of that drone metal stuff.

Listen to Adversary - The Winter's Harvest.

This band may not have put out consistently great metal, but this release in truly unique, even within their own catalog. They had a guy named Ed Finkler on keyboards and they created one of my favorite death metal albums, in terms of the atmosphere. Forlorn and oppressive. \m/

Alatyr seconded, his disc from this year is fantastic. This is the Slovakian band CC and I are talking about here, by the way. ;)

A few more...

Black:
Xasthur - Nocturnal Poisoning
North - From The Dark Past
Sapfhier - Under Eternally Grey Skies
Gontyna Kry - Welowie
Die Toten Kehren Wieder Mit Dem Wind - Stille

Death:
Infester - To The Depths...In Degradation
Molested - Blod Draum
Traumatic Voyage - Traumatized...
Mithras - Worlds Beyond The Veil
Vore - Lord Of Storms

Yes, it's the same band. They're certainly not reinventing anything , but it's solid, hard hitting stuff. Has been a while since I listened to them, though.

Pretty much every band has it's own atmosphere to an extent, but I think I get the gist of what you want. These bands have particularaly strong atmosphere's imo:
The Ruins Of Beverast
Beatrik
I Shalt Become
Krohm

Nocturnus

take a look at my sig did you?

gawd ozzman, first you suggest Suffocation in the Brutal DM thread, now this?:p we need to ban you from the suggestions thread!

so much researching on the bands i have to do!!!!

killbot said:
Pretty much every band has it's own atmosphere to an extent, but I think I get the gist of what you want. These bands have particularaly strong atmosphere's imo:
The Ruins Of Beverast
Beatrik
I Shalt Become
Krohm

ruins i love. i shalt become isnt really for me.