Atoma

This forum is quite dead now. Nevertheless, they will release a new song The Pitiless tomorrow. Apparently the album is quite dark and somewhat experimental in nature. I have read some very positive feedback about it and studio clips did sound promising. I hope it is different than the last album (didn't really grab me) and more like some of their previous albums (like Fiction for example).

The Pitiless is very good song. Quite up tempo and has some modern edge to it. To my ears it sounds like Fiction, Character and Haven thrown into one. Perhaps a little bit of Construct as well. It seems to have elements from those albums. Haven and Fiction both have that modern edge and some cool sounding keyboards. Construct even more so, but it lacks some of classic elements of their sound. The Pitiless has those modern synths mixed with classic Dark Tranquillity elements. Keyboards are bit more on the background enriching the sound but are still relatively prominent part of the sound of this new song.

Last edited:
Great album. I was really down on WATV/Construct, but this is much more in the vein of Character/Fiction (imo) with some throw backs to the more keyboard-heavy Projector and Haven period. Very tight musically, Stanne on form as always, drums have a ton of energy and power. This is the DT I like. Thumbs up.

Reactions: anita_job
I only just discovered they had a new album out! Listening to the video tracks 'Atoma' and 'Forward Momentum' it does tend to remind me of 'Construct', and I really love that album so that's a good thing for me. I'll be ordering the c.d. I love the emotional side of this band and I'm loving these two songs!

Great album. I was really down on WATV/Construct, but this is much more in the vein of Character/Fiction (imo) with some throw backs to the more keyboard-heavy Projector and Haven period. Very tight musically, Stanne on form as always, drums have a ton of energy and power. This is the DT I like. Thumbs up.

Co-sign!

Been listening to the album almost non-stop since it dropped. Easily their best work since Fiction. A lot of dynamism, ideas, and energy.