Att: Trixxi! VVI!!!

The Amazer

Mar 31, 2003
Unreleased VINNIE VINCENT CD To Air On Radio Show - Jan. 3, 2006

On Saturday, January 7, "The Classic Metal Show" will be airing the "lost" Vinnie Vincent (ex-KISS) album "Guitars from Hell" that he recorded circa 1991 but then never saw the light of day. Vinnie had released two albums with his band VINNIE VINCENT INVASION — the 1986 self-titled debut album and 1988's "All Systems Go". Once the band was dropped by Chrysalis Records, half the group (bassist Dana Strum and vocalist Mark Slaughter) went on to form SLAUGHTER while Vinnie recorded demos with other musicians around 1989-1990. A year later, he worked on his "Guitars from Hell" project with singer Robert Fleischman (who sang lead on the first VVI album), but the album never saw the light of day.

"The Classic Metal Show" airs Saturday nights between 9:00 p.m and 3:00 a.m. More information is available at this location.

(Thanks: Kiss Kollector / Fullshred)

from Blabbermouth ( http://roadrun.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=46307 )

Not sure if you've heard this already or what, but seeing as you're the one who got me into VVI Trixx, I thought I'd try and repay the favour!

Fucking insane guitarist he is and that first album still gets played on an almost daily basis here :headbang:

How could you not mention that they are also airing the unreleased Vain album 'All Those Strangers' on the same night? o_O

UNREAL!!!!

I have 3 tracks from Guitars From Hell in bad quality, that's all! Great tracks too, excellent songs in the style of the first album - super sleazy & REALLY over the top.

I have All Those Strangers too, the whole album - again it's not in very good quality - but the songs are unreal. In fact it has one of my all time fave Vain songs ("Wake Up") which I like as much or even better than anything off "No Respect" so I'd LOVE to hear that album in good quality!

I would just like to announce that I am an idiot!

Even though Trixxi here has introduced me to some of my all-time favourite bands, I still take FAR too long to get into them. Yes, yesterday was the first time that I decided to give Vain a go. Even though he's always going on about No Respect, I just thought: "Oh, they must be good" but never took it any further.

Saw a link from The Deadthings myspace to Vain's myspace... watched the videos for Beat the Bullet and Who's Watching You (my current favourite song) and I feel like the biggest tool.

WHY DIDNT I GET INTO THIS BAND EARLIER? THIS IS JUST ABOUT THE GREATEST GLAM I HAVE EVER HEARD. Holy FUCK!

I didn't expect it to be this melodic! And what a voice! The melodies are fantastic - they're not trying too hard to get big hooks... they're just going straight for the throat with fun to sing phrases. Oh man, I just love it so much!

Now that No Respect has been re-released or reissued or whatever, ima DEFINATELY have to pick me up a copy!

HOLY SHIT!

ceydn said:
I would just like to announce that I am an idiot!

Even though Trixxi here has introduced me to some of my all-time favourite bands, I still take FAR too long to get into them. Yes, yesterday was the first time that I decided to give Vain a go. Even though he's always going on about No Respect, I just thought: "Oh, they must be good" but never took it any further.

Saw a link from The Deadthings myspace to Vain's myspace... watched the videos for Beat the Bullet and Who's Watching You (my current favourite song) and I feel like the biggest tool.

WHY DIDNT I GET INTO THIS BAND EARLIER? THIS IS JUST ABOUT THE GREATEST GLAM I HAVE EVER HEARD. Holy FUCK!

I didn't expect it to be this melodic! And what a voice! The melodies are fantastic - they're not trying too hard to get big hooks... they're just going straight for the throat with fun to sing phrases. Oh man, I just love it so much!

Now that No Respect has been re-released or reissued or whatever, ima DEFINATELY have to pick me up a copy!

HOLY SHIT!

Hell yeah!!!! Super-melodic glam!!! Davy just knows how to find the right notes to make his hooks that extra bit melodic, top notch songwriter! Great voice too, a kinda darkly-erotic atmosphere in alot of the songs, great guitar playing... Just killer!!! "No Respect" is definitely one of the all time greatest slices of glam/sleaze ever recorded!

Vain, strippers, beer and Van Damme movies are 4 of my favourite things.
:hotjump: