Attack! Attack! - This Means War

hurts to listen, even in a review I read on U.G they said how the cymbals sound like 'ice picks being jabbed into your ears'. Everything just sounds the same, with Joey they had alot more versatility and imagination.

Beneath_the_Bliss said:
hurts to listen, even in a review I read on U.G they said how the cymbals sound like 'ice picks being jabbed into your ears'.

Hah that's great
I think to a nonengineer it mainly adds to the kind of dirty sound they're going for

It reminds me a lot of ABRs messengers album.

Yeah sonically I didn't really enjoy it. It was pretty good, but they had way more brootz with Sturgis

Where are you guys getting details on the recording?
Caleb did an interview about his production awhile back where he mentioned using his own samples. I don't recall him saying anything about real amps on this record, but I do know he reamped the guitars on the new My Ticket Home album, so it wouldn't surprise me if he did.

Yes, the drums are samples from Wetzel's kit! They programmed all the drums with Superior Drummer then Wetzel learned his parts, wrote some own stuff and then recorded it!
In my opinion the guitartone is great! I don't know if it is real or a sim but it sounds damn brutal...
I also like the usage of synth on this record!!
Vocals are recorded through a Blue Kiwi Mic.
Where did Caleb get all this expensive stuff?!?! Sounds like a pretty solid work for one of his first official productions!
AA! evolved in a good way if you ask me.
I like it! =)

Check out their youtube-channel. There are some recording-process-videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/Attackattackoh

I guess they took the advances from the album and built a studio to record. I think it sounds pretty decent. Too much low end. Its wayy to muddy when i listen to it on my subs in my car. It sure doesnt help the fact there in drop g. But overall a great record i love the writing and the drums are great. Its nice to hear something new on hardcore music. I would love to see caleb make a sample pack for sale!