Attention lovers of all things Bass!!!

hakkikt

Mar 27, 2002
Santiago, Chile
Visit site
There's a chance of getting recognition just by playing bass ...

• Have a killer bass solo?
  • Do you think of yourself as the next-best-player since Jaco? (deep inside, being (or trying to be) an artist with a little bit of ego, who doesn't? :loco: )
Here is your chance:

The Bass Extremes 2005 International Contemporary Bass Competition
Visit http://www.solobasscompetition.com/main.html

The judges will be no others than Vic Wooten, Steve Bailey, John Patitucci, Anthony Jackson (do I have to explain who they are? :p ), Gregg Bissonette (drummer from first Bass Extreme recording) & Jonathan Herrera (Bass Player's Technical Editor)

• First Prize: $10,000.00 U.S. (*), and a cameo appearance with Bass Extremes on their next recording project. (Man!! playing with Wooten & Bailey is a prize by itself, but cash doesn't hurt :D )
  • Second Prize: $5,000.00 U.S. (*)
  • Third Prize: $3,000.00 U.S. (*)
  • Fourth Prize: $2,000.00 U.S. (*)
  • Five (5) Honorable Mention Awards of $500.00 U.S.(*)
(*) cash & equipment

The catch? It's not free. Entry fee : US$50

Sounds awesome, but I wouldn´t DARE to submit something. Even if I was a great bass player. Patittuci would laugh his ass off hearing me playing anything.

That's just silly. Steve rip Wooten and Patittucci to shreds? And even if you meant in general, Steve doesn't care enough to sit in his room for hours a day with no life and practice, practice, practice until he's a technical machine. I just wonder whether they're looking for pure technique, or something new and original, or both. Either way, Steve is gonna fall short of many people out there. Though I am probably as much of a fan as anyone.

coolsnow7 said:
That's just silly. Steve rip Wooten and Patittucci to shreds? And even if you meant in general, Steve doesn't care enough to sit in his room for hours a day with no life and practice, practice, practice until he's a technical machine. I just wonder whether they're looking for pure technique, or something new and original, or both. Either way, Steve is gonna fall short of many people out there. Though I am probably as much of a fan as anyone.
most of the metal bassists are uneducated and dont know shit about bass,its good to have people like steve in metal communitie