attn: chupe

Baliset

guitar deity
Jul 31, 2002
New England
www.maudlinofthewell.com
thank you!

i started listening to the cds. i got through the mix and it is awesome! i will have to check some of these bands out more in the future!

i listened to the patto and ram zet cds a bit too but i haven't gotten through them all yet.

thanks for the stickers and dream theater photo too!

my one question is:

what is scribbled on the yellow paper included there? it looks like a sketch of a surround sound setup or something.

cool! i was afraid they would arrive all broken and stuff.

as much as i'd like to say it's something cryptic, the yellow paper is merely from a scratchpad and was all i could find to wrap the cds in. and i didn't really look at it when i ripped it from the pad, but yeah now that i think about it, it was a sketch of a surround sound setup when we were shopping for my mom's system. good call!

the reason i included the patto cd's is that ollie halsall is one of the most amazing guitarists i've heard and their stuff is a little difficult to find. those records were from like 1970/71- the self titled was their first and hold your fire was their second and you can hear just in those two albums how he was progressing (then i believe he was in his early or mid 20s). he was fabled to have taught himself how to play guitar after playing piano, and chose to play lefthanded because his right hand was more adept from playing piano. he was such an amazingly tasteful and dead-nuts player.

the ram-zet is just good, and i believe not enough people heard it. i will probably write something for indieworkshop on it.

hah "six different ways" is one of my favourite cure songs--i didn't notice it was on here until it came up in the queue! (i've gotta say i think the original is better, but then again, when isn't it?)