ATTN DORIAN

LOL

Suzy Waud's next act:
Fast-food restaurateur

February 9, 2006
Tim Johnson

substory2photo.jpg

Twenty years ago, Suzy Waud was one of Columbus's most popular DJs. Now she's working 14 hours a day, seven days a week, in a fast-food restaurant.

And she insists she's happy about that.

Waud is a brand-new Subway franchisee, resurrecting an outlet that closed last summer at 5740 Frantz Road in Dublin. She and her business partner, former 99.7 The Blitz staffer Marcia Miano, began serving subs Jan. 26.

"I wanted to do a complete career change," Waud said. "Isn't that crazy?"

Throughout the 1980s, "Stereo Quad Suzy Waud" was a rock jock at 92X, which has since gone country. After a couple out-of-town stints, she was at the Blitz for most of the '90s.

Tim Johnson.

Tim Johnson was a bully I knew in high school. My freshman year every brunch (15 minute break between 2nd and 3rd period), he would walk by my hangout spot, pick me up, shake me around, and throw me against a wall. I pretty much got accustomed to it, and since it was inevitable anyhow, just accepted it. Well one day I thought "hey, that guy Tim Johnson plays guitar, I know what I'll do" so I borrowed a friend's Guitar World and very obviously was reading it during the usual Against the Wall time. Tim walks up, grabs the magazine, and asks "do you play?" "Yeah, I play bass." "Dude you gotta learn this Megadeth song, it rules." The song was Angry Again, haha.

Anyhow, after that I hung out with the dude and his pals and watched him abuse other freshmen.

lol @ that quote. its about me.

btw, you posted this in the redhead thread.

@nad: i had a bully. the year after high school he was a passenger in a horrific car accident and died a grisly death. ive always thought that was fitting.

Wow. I remember another dude that picked on me and anyone else that was smaller than him (he was 6'4" and had tattoos at 13, so pretty much everyone got it at one point), I saw him a few years after high school and he had a couple of brats and one uuuuuuuuuugly wife. Haw haw!