attn: ImNoHippy

atkins wasn't just selling a diet, though--he was pushing a lifestyle. he claimed, variously, that the atkins diet was healthy not just for people wanting to lose weight, but to live healthier. he also routinely excoriated carbs as a food in general. so him not following his own diet is different (and worse) than most doctors not following their own advice.

hmm. sugar is an anti-nutrient. no vitamins or minerals are contained in sugar. not that you'd care to learn, but atkins...nevermind. i love you all. tongue-kiss me. (and love my supposed bad atkins breath) [smooch]

"During his coma, as he deteriorated and his major organs failed, fluid retention and bloating dramatically distorted his body and left him at 258 pounds at the time of his death, a documented weight gain of over 60 pounds," the doctor said in a written statement. "How and why the Journal reported that he was obese remains the only unanswered question in this pathetic situation."

preppy: is that realistic? my first guess would be "yes". but i also think there is some serious exaggeration going on.

also he dies from heart complications due to a heart virus, which was not linked to clogged arteries etc associated with heart attacks...