attn: Jakey McJakerson

minxnim

meow
Aug 2, 2002
Visit site
please look up the book 'nation of rebels'.
i just got an early release of it to review for harper collins. do you want me to give you a review for the site also?

from what i can read of the description it's about consumer culture and counterculture being the same thing etc etc etc.

1st paragraph:
September 2003 marked a turning point in the development of western civilization. it was the month that ADBUSTERS magazine started accepting orders for the BLACK SPOT SNEAKER, its own signature brand of 'subversive' running shoes. after that day, no rational person could possibly believe that there is any tension between "mainstream" and "alternative" culture. After that day, it became obvious to everyone that cultural rebellion, of the type epitomized by ADBUSTERS magazine, is not a threat to the system- it IS the system.

well i think they mean, the DEMAND for them alex.

jake: it comes out pretty soon i think. but when i finish i can try to get them to send you a final copy (mine is full of preprint typos)
ok so... i have to have it done by dec. 3rd for them. i'll let you know.

i'd actually write a different review for you probably. the one i do for them is more of a descriptive analysis and the one i'd rather do for iw.com would be more critical, if that's okay?

well they have a program called first look or something and people can just sign up, but if i were you i'd just email the head of their P/R and distribution or something instead.
just send an email to their main contact and ask them who to talk to about getting some books to review pre-press