ATTN NAD

or any other QOTSA fan

I know on one of these threads I mentioned the DVD that comes with the live CD recorded in london, didn't know if anyone else has seen this yet. Not strictly a straight live show filming, it has segments of old versions of the band so you're seeing Nick Oliveri (sp) who is just a fucking monster on bass, Dave Grohl, Natasha the keyboard player, who sounds like she just escaped from a gulag, the Nad-like bass player, and over on the bonus stuff, Billy Gibbons from ZZ Top even gets Mark Lanegan to laugh.

And ~ then the comedy. Between songs, Josh Homme says, "Hey everyone...see that guy in the long sleeved white shirt? Yeah, right there...hey, you cock smoker, you've been throwing shit at me...I just want everyone to see a cock smoking asshole fucker, when you see him after the show, say, 'hi, mr. cock smoking asshole fucker'.":wave:

lizard said:
And ~ then the comedy. Between songs, Josh Homme says, "Hey everyone...see that guy in the long sleeved white shirt? Yeah, right there...hey, you cock smoker, you've been throwing shit at me...I just want everyone to see a cock smoking asshole fucker, when you see him after the show, say, 'hi, mr. cock smoking asshole fucker'.":wave:

:LOL: that bit is FUCKING TITS! i LOLed for sure on the bus on the way home from buying it when that came on!

also, the Desert Sessions song about sex ("I Wanna Make it Wit' Chu") Is great, and there are some nice extended mellow jams on there. Also, BURN THE WITCH is such a cool goddamn song, that riff has been stuck in my head for months solid.

I bought this with the intention of it being my last attempt to really get into what Homme is trying to be these days. Some it is even somewhat punkish, but there are some real freakouts on there as well. I'm going to give it another listen. Not having listened to a lot of Queens studio stuff the songs are all new mostly new to me but I'm glad I bought this.

p.s. you should see the drummer...a fucking beast, with simian-like features :)

Hey I just remembered I wanted to mention QotSA to NAD today....

So NAD, remember when I said that some Three Sheets to the Wind stuff reminded me of Blur? Well, I listened to "Lullabies to Paralyze" just this morning (oddly enough) and the penny dropped.

I think Three Sheets have been influenced by QotSA somewhat, and QotSA in turn have lots of latter day Blur elements to their sound. I'm not saying they're ripping them off or whatever, and it may well be a total coincidence, but there is such a strong British rock vibe to some stuff on "Lullabies...", it's uncanny.

Now of course if you tell me there's no QotSA in Three Sheets then I'll just leave and hide in a corner. :loco:

I got more copies, but they are just a CD-Rs with stickers. No covers. I didn't send those out because they sucked (I was lazy). If anyone wants them I'll be happy to provide but the fancy cover art ones have been gone for awhile.

Anyhow, well, ummm, we all pretty much WORSHIP Josh Homme so yeah, there's a pretty significant influence there. :Spin:

Oh and the DVD rules. Don't own a copy but I've seen it. Nick Oliveri is pretty awesome, for a giant douche.