attn: nick goatschool

Baliset

guitar deity
Jul 31, 2002
New England
www.maudlinofthewell.com
last night we were watching WWE RAW and now they have debuted a character named Eugene who is a "special" wrestler. we have had the one-legged wrestlers and now we have the mentally handicapped wrestler. frankly, i am guessing this guy is not legitimately handicapped like the one-legged guy but still.

apparently there is an uproar about this guy because he is a talented indie dude shuttled into a gimmick that will either wreck him or make him in the long run.

it could very well wreck him but they put him with william regal as his manager which equals instant comedy. i wasn't laughing at the guy being retarded but more at william regal's reactions because that guy is a comedic genius when he wants to be.

also edge "broke" his hand and used his cast to beat down on kane referencing a classic play from the "cowboy" bob orton playbook.

i agree that regal can only help. i didn't know he was involved/

i've ever liked edge. he bores me. i guess the cast gimmick is kind of amusing (even though i bet it was played seriously, right?). but i like kane and his appearance and his axe killer southern drawl.

well i think he just couldn't get his hair long enough so they decided to make a mixture of his different stages as the UT to show nostalgia but also progression maybe? i just think his hat is too big but other than that i LIKE it alot.

hmm i think the entire middle section of WM was pretty boring if i remember correctly but i was drunk. were you sad for ultimo dragon for slipping TWICE on his way to the ring?

xfer said:
dude there should be this point where the retarded guy gets piledrivered and when he wakes up he's NOT RETARDED ANYMORE!!!!111
well stranger things have happened. when kane debuted he had most of his body covered with his outfit and mask because he was horribly disfigured and burned as a child and also he lost his voicebox so he had to use a voice thing like ned on south park.

but now he wrestles without a shirt or mask and talks just fine. its a MIRACLE!

ps. nick i LOVE kane's accent too.

the thing is, if NICK dinsmore (retardo) is unceremoniously fired from WWE (within the year), which happens more often than not w/ comedy characters and smaller guys, he will forever be heckled @ the only places he can make a living doing what he wants, the unforgiving and brutal indies...

i DID feel bad for UD, especially since they say that was his dream, to be @ a WM @ MSG.

furthermore, he owns/trains the most clever group of japan indies (that i've seen), and i can't imagine the shit they'd be giving him when he comes back. unless he has some weird homoerotic and/or respect heirarchy going on there

yeah i would feel terrible if that happens to him but you never know. wwe has been successful with their indie talent, aka john cena who is HUGE now. i mean i am not sure if he was indie or just developmental but also in that area are shelton benjamin, charlie haas, and randy orton. and brock lesnar before he got stupid and decided to quit.

i liked bobby "the brain" heenan and "mean" gene okerlund's spot as gross as seeing mae young and the fabulous moolah is. however, i could have odne without jesse ventura's appeal to donald trump to help him legitimize his hopeful campaign form president in 2008.

the thing is, greg, i can't watch more than 10 mins of this now before i start to feel as though i am slogging my way through a mud that never dilutes. or rolling a rock up a hill that continually crushes me.

yet i sat through 15 hrs of WMXX.

the rock/flair shit was what i liked. also, michael's bloody face. also, jamie noble's stump-puller sub moves. AND, very importantly, victoria. right, victoria. victoria.

Baliset said:
i liked bobby "the brain" heenan and "mean" gene okerlund's spot as gross as seeing mae young and the fabulous moolah is. however, i could have odne without jesse ventura's appeal to donald trump to help him legitimize his hopeful campaign form president in 2008.

yeah the JV shit was really awkward and he definitely gets in your space from 2000 miles away. imagine living w/ that guy.

actually i'd he's probably really okay as a dad/husband/etc. but imagine being his neighbor. jesus.

victoria is honeslty my favorite women's wrestler EVER. great gimmick, awesome theme music, hot but not fake. el perfecto. plus there have been WAY too many blondes in wrestling over the years and it is good to see a brunette get big.