Auction of hand-written Nevermore lyrics from 1st LP for Van's wife (benefit auction)

metalvet

New Metal Member
Mar 10, 2011
Hi all,

My name is Ula, and I am just letting you know that for 20+ years I have been holding on to the original hand-written lyrics for the first Nevermore album (written by Warrel) and now that my friend Van's wife Dore is fighting cancer, I have decided to auction these off and will donate all of the proceeds (after the Ebay fees) to Van and Dore. I held on to them knowing they would be of some use one day. This is that day for me. Losing Katherine Ludwig to cancer earlier this year was already tough enough for me.

You can find them here. http://www.ebay.com/sch/metalvet/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=
(if they don't show, just search by Seller Name: metalvet )

Thanks.

I think this is a very good thing, and a nice gesture. One thing people would want to know is if there is verification that they are really done by Warrel, and that the money will be going where it needs to. No offense meant by this, but there are a lot of people out there that like to profit from people, in a time of need.

Is there anyway Warrel can verify this is legit? It would help the cause, no doubt.

I think this is a very good thing, and a nice gesture. One thing people would want to know is if there is verification that they are really done by Warrel, and that the money will be going where it needs to. No offense meant by this, but there are a lot of people out there that like to profit from people, in a time of need.

Is there anyway Warrel can verify this is legit? It would help the cause, no doubt.

I can verify this, they are authentic. Kudos to Ula for doing this, I spoke to her and Van yesterday and given both their mindsets I think the outcome will be nothing but positive. Please give all your positive energy to them at this difficult time.

Thanks to Warrel for verifying this, and trust me that my handwriting is nowhere near that good, ha ha.

I kept "The Sanity Assassin" lyrics for myself, as I have a framed poster from the first album cover hanging here in my living room, and I inserted those lyrics in there for this song in front of the poster. As the auction mentions, this was the first band and first album I ever worked with in the industry, and so both hold a special place with me. I feel a little guilty about holding one of the lyrics back, honestly, but I wouldn't do it if it didn't mean a lot personally.

Yes, Ebay is horrible for foreign-based sellers, but I do ship worldwide. It's $5 for normal Airmail or $9 for registered Airmail (with a tracking number). And combined shipping is of course possible, whether you win 2 of them or all of them, it would just be this $5 or $9 price in total since the objects themselves are quite light.

Thanks everyone. The support means a lot.

so, someone here bought the lyrics? metalized (is the husband for those who don't know) and I bought two. I allowed someone to get The Hurting words. :D
I only wanted us all to collect as much money as possible.

thank you, again, Ula, for doing this noble thing.

I scored the credits!

I just missed out on Garden of Gray. To whomever bought it, I would gladly purchase it from you for a generous amount along with a generous donation towards the Williams. I honestly messed up my max bid and would love the opportunity to reward you for being smarter than me.

really??? I was 'holding' the GOG till the last almost, then I realized somebody really wanted to have it and I didn't want to take it all - it was not the point of the auction, and I left it at that. hope you find the person who bought it and is now happy, but is maybe willing to negotiate. LOL

we got C.B.F. and What Tomorrow Knows.

Lol damn! I broke my foot right after my initial max bids :lol: so amid the pain, I kept increasing the max bid on the credits, thinking it was GOG. Lol stupid me!

I just wanted to say thanks again for everyone who participated and bid. Tee went above and beyond the call of duty (winning two of them, as she mentioned), and to answer craptastic's question, the "Garden Of Gray" lyrics were won by a very nice German girl named Dana, but I have no idea if she's on this forum or learned about the auction through Facebook or otherwise. But she shared that she had gone through some tough experiences as well, so I think it was meaningful for her, plus she wanted to contribute to a good cause. It definitely wasn't someone who was buying them to flip them later for a profit.

I still have one payment left to collect, but a few moments ago I sent Van & Dore all the money. Here's to Dore's continued fight and to beating this thing once and for all.