Audio Savant A Death Certificate

CATL

Postmeridian and Weary
Mar 12, 2006
Washington
A Death Certificate: 1926 - 2006

It is with a heavy heart that I have decided to put Audio Savant out of it's perpetual struggle and misery. Other things in my life have taken priority, and unfortunately, even though the label has grown much larger than I ever imagined, it is time to put it to rest. We have accomplished much, and broadened some people's horizons, and exposed bands like The Poops and Jam Handy to people that otherwise would have been ignorant. The brilliant novelist Food Fortunata was cast to the public and embraced, this being one of our biggest achievements.

We went from very humble beginnings, and grew, and grew, and grew, and if it wasn't for adventurous music lovers that took a chance, and if it wasn't for the tireless efforts of the people that joined the Audio Savant team, we couldn't have accomplished a fraction of what we have.

I started Audio Savant because I saw a gap in what labels are doing and what they are providing. I've loved completely obscure and challenging outsider music for many many years, and wanted to promote and give these acts and music the same attention that other genres enjoy. Bands on the AS roster were always the ones that were overlooked, the ones that stuck out, the ugly ducklings. My goal was to treat them well and celebrate their uniqueness, and their bravery.

I suppose this beast was doomed to die sooner, rather than later, but rest assured, that Audio Savant was a label propelled by passion, from beginning to end. In a better world, the music we released would have penetrated the airwaves, and been sung in class by school children.

Now, my time will be taken up spending time with my family, and creating music. I've always been a musician, first and foremost, and the business end of the music industry has beat AS into submission.

I just hope that a few people recognized the quality, quirky music that we championed.

In order to liquidate our catalogue, we are selling CDs for insanely cheap. Most are under 5.00. Please order 2-3 CDs if you can so we can cover shipping costs, as shipping is always free.

Ironically enough, the Formloff CD is coming back from the plant this week. We will not be selling it however, but it will be distributed in the USA and Europe by the band themselves.

On behalf of myself, all the bands on the AS roster, Brandon Elkins, Robert Hunter O., Marius and Bernt, we all thank you...

JWW

http://www.audiosavant.com

CATL said:
I just hope that a few people recognized the quality, quirky music that we championed.
Hear, hear. :kickass:

Nice run duders, I'll be purchasing some clearance stuff. Glad I was able to see some of the marvelous work you did.

Like I said elsewhere:

This is really too bad.

AS has long been an outlet for me to check out random excellent music for amazing prices in the mailorder (always cheap enough to just occasionally load up a cart of random stuff that I'd never even heard of and usually find something that I'd like from the bunch), but also the label put out many quality releases, such as Nero's Day At Disneyland, The Waking Cold, CATL, ACoA, The Poops, Jam Handy, etc etc etc.

I always appreicated the randomness of the mailorder packages as well, how JWW or Robert would always tuck in the weirdest things, like a DVD of "A Fish Called Wanda", stickers, U.D.O. promos, or toys, or god knows what all to make the entire Audiosavant experience as awkward and uncomfortable as possible.

I will miss Audiosavant greatly.

Damn, this sounds like a perfect time to finally pick up But If What Hell What Ant or whatever its called, along with a couple other cds. Any suggestions from those more familiar with the catalogue? Most bizarre, esoteric, atmospheric and interesting releases welcome.

Scald - Headworm is only $5 from their shop right now BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT. At that price it's ludicrous to ignore!

Yeah that and the ELS album are on my 100% SURE BUY IT NOW list so i need maybe one more. A Crown of Amaranth or V28 or hmmm i dunno should be the perfect fit.

I just bought four albums for $12. :)

Can a mod sticky this thread please? This is important god damn shit.

Demilich said:
Damn, this sounds like a perfect time to finally pick up But If What Hell What Ant or whatever its called, along with a couple other cds. Any suggestions from those more familiar with the catalogue? Most bizarre, esoteric, atmospheric and interesting releases welcome.

Get Nero's Day At Disneyland at least

It's hard to keep up with all the shit that's selling out.
Moose, I shit in your package. Believe me, it will be awckward and uncomfortable.
Help me clear this shit out before I move.