Audio Savant Spam

CATL

Postmeridian and Weary
Mar 12, 2006
Washington
New Stock:

Flatline Skyline - Horizon Grid
The debut album from two young prolific musicians that meshes elements of IDM, noise, trip-hop and lush melodic electronics into a personal and inspiring piece of work. The best of genre-hopping experimentation with inspired lyrics and strong vocal performance.

Price: $10

Hum of the Druid - Wall of Arms
37 minute debut full-length from 2004 in a more pronounced dark ambient vein. Guitar tones are stretched into smooth spacial drones while textured grit and higher-end revelations are provided through analog electronics. Ancient undercurrents with modern attachments... Packaged in black digipak affixed with textured paper. An Audio Savant favorite.

Price: $7

Orthrelm/Behold...the Arctopus - Split EP
This CDEP features a new, exclusive song each from New York tech/prog metal wizards BEHOLD...THE ARCTOPUS and shred meltdown duo ORTHRELM, overdosing the listener on spastic complexity and insane instrumental prowess that will liquify your grey matter. Adorned in eye-blazing original artwork from VOIVOD's Away. DECIBEL Magazine said "...Both Behold… the Arctopus and Orthrelm stake their reputations on disciplined improvisation, but the work itself necessitates auto-destructive imperatives. Their elusive, dizzying sound evokes Zorn’s work with Painkiller and Masada and is equally reminiscent of Coltrane’s abandonment first of bebop, then the matrix he developed with Giant Steps before venturing outward into the spiritual impossibilities of modal jazz. Behold’s “PAINcave” begins a dialogue between guitar and drums that culminates in a regurgitation of what’s just been digested. Unlike Orthrelm, their use of viscous sounds lubricates and combusts, taking a circuitous route through dialogical syncopation, call and response, and load noise intensity. Like Zorn’s work, it’s moody and agitated, at once brooding and decisive, storming and wailing with purpose between chromatic tantrums. Conversely, Orthrelm’s “Pithot 1” abbreviates their 2005 ode to concentration, OV. A series of profound declensions and cartoonish riffs, it scrawls a Mike Patton caricature, then burns it in effigy. As much a song as a trigonometry lesson, Orthrelm’s guitars and drums chase a parabolic rollercoaster, cascading down asymptotic peaks with fearless elegance. Orthrelm draw a smiley face on repetition, the hallmark of nightmare logic allowing cat and mouse to lose meaning only to become a chicken or egg proposition in which the cat’s left chasing its tail. Each generation is more distorted, violent, and funny: as Tweety is to Sylvester and as Tom is to Jerry is to Itchy is to Scratchy ad infinitum; or as Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf? playwright Edward Albee once put it, “Good, better, best, bested.”

Price: $5

Scald - Headworm
Accursed and painfully long-awaited, sunless dawn of the new hexical coming, casting upon the black masses, nine self-released, unholy invocations of the spirits of avant garde, doom-encumbered, grey matter crushing, prog-grind...a full albums worth of cerebrally apocalyptic hymns of discordance at seemingly eternal war with harmony.

Price: $8

VA - Like Music To Their Ears Vol. 2
international compilation gathering a variety of brutal noise and extreme electronics. Features tracks from Control, Navicon Torture Technologies, Government Alpha, Angel of Decay, DVT, Mourmansk 150, bETON bARRAGE.

Price: $10

VA - Drone Season II
The sequel to Brise-Cul's first KVLT drone compilation featuring more diverse sounds, louder tracks and more punch to your speakers! This new comp feature the skull-crushing sounds of Germany's Datashock, the dark industrial vibes of Seattle's Conversations About the Light (CATL), the digital sounds of UK's Dead Wood, the synth driven loudness of my Montreal neighbours Grkzgl, the sick minimalism of our very favourite texans Rotten Piece, the loud sounds of UK's veterans Cheapmachines, the droney field recordings of Missouri's Mystified and the heavy drone jam of Texas' Skillful Means. So here's the fine selection we made from the mountain of submissions we had to drive you into a loud KVLT journey!!!

Price: $5

Doesn't everyone on here already have Headworm? Fucking awesome disc!!!x1,000,000,000,000!

CATL said:
Flatline Skyline - Horizon Grid
The debut album from two young prolific musicians that meshes elements of IDM, noise, trip-hop and lush melodic electronics into a personal and inspiring piece of work. The best of genre-hopping experimentation with inspired lyrics and strong vocal performance.

This sounds promising...

The Flatline Skyline disc surprised the hell out of me with its amazing combination of noisyness/poppiness. I'm keeping one for myself, which is saying something, because I'm seriously tired of how many CDs I have.

unhinged said:
:oops: ha, youre much too kind Robert

the new one hasn't had a good review yet....

Too kind? Headworm rules!

The new one will have a good review on the Audio Savant mp3 blog as soon as I get over this fucking cold that I mysteriously got the same day that I received your package. The 100 degree weather isn't helping motivate me either. :devil:

I'll look into the new Scald and review it if I can get the chance.

I liked the samples that I heard about the time it was released, but I didn't feel like getting raped in the bum for shipping from Italy.

CATL said:
Too kind? Headworm rules!

The new one will have a good review on the Audio Savant mp3 blog as soon as I get over this fucking cold that I mysteriously got the same day that I received your package. The 100 degree weather isn't helping motivate me either. :devil:

oops, sorry that'll be 'the curse of Scald',
expect bankrupcy, a plague of flies and paralysis to follow

MajestikMøøse said:
I'll look into the new Scald and review it if I can get the chance.

I liked the samples that I heard about the time it was released, but I didn't feel like getting raped in the bum for shipping from Italy.

don't blame you, it should be with the end anytime now, also century media

if you want to review it for Lunar hipsters and c666 don't send promo's to the site I'll send you one, just P.M. me your address
it might even get you out of that John Denver lookee -likey phase :) you'll be growing an unruly beard and eating pickled eggs straight from the jar.

if you want to review it for Lunar hipsters and c666 don't send promo's to the site I'll send you one, just P.M. me your address

nah, don't worry about it. I'll buy a copy. :)

it might even get you out of that John Denver lookee -likey phase you'll be growing an unruly beard and eating pickled eggs straight from the jar.

:lol: :loco:

A few Eibon Records titles arrived today.

Canaan - The Unsaid Words
4 long years have passed since "A calling to weakness". But finally CANAAN are back...... stronger than ever....... If ACTW was a moan of pain, "The unsaid words" is a chant of knowledge. Of the knowledge of an unstoppable physical and psychical withering. Dark, profound, sinister music. No other band sounds like this........

Price: $12

Fire in the Head - Meditate/Mutilate
The straightjacket has been removed, the medication has worn off and the delusions have intensified. F/I/T/H has returned to spread the poison with “Meditate/Mutilate”, a schizophrenic and volatile mix of seething, harsh electronics, dark ambience and tortured vocals. From the blackest depths of neurosis to the apex of unrestrained psychosis, the ten tracks on this cd hone F/I/T/H’s dual-edged blade to perfection. “Meditate/Mutilate” is released by Eibon Records in a digipak and features guest vocals by Nick Blinko of Rudimentary Peni.

Nazca - Non Grata
Two years in production, Non Grata is Nazca's most realised release yet. After a series of misfortunes (bankruptcies, carcrashes, deception, lies, breakups and illness), “Non grata” is finally ready to be presented to the world. Imagine how far a post-rock band can go when driven by intense motivation. Imagine how far a wave band can go when lighted up by incredible talent and commitment. Imagine how high a band can go. Point. Then double it. And you won’t be even close to the heights reached by these finnish wavers. Non grata is a reminder of how good music can get. Period. Happy ? Satisfied ? Try NAZCA before saying you’re OK..........

SKM-ETR - The Rugged Meat Cleaver
Crushing walls of white noise meet melodies, just to show the two styles aren't oil and water..... Uncompromising harsh electronics with a somehow 'musical' edge, topped by lots of samples, in-your-face lyrics and thug attitude. Featuring contributions by Brethren, Slogun and Murderous Vision. Run, darling, run. Fast. The rugged meat cleaver is here FOR YOU !!

This Empty Flow - The Album
Double CD collecting the "Magenta Skycode" album and "Magenta Lost" 11 unreleased tracks from '94-'96. This Empty Flow are without doubt one of the most underestimated dark bands of the whole world. Mixing bits of early The Cure with Pink Floyd-esque songs’ structures and a massive dose of personality, they're a jewel yet to be discovered.

Price: $15

I prefer SKM-ETR in short bursts, like his 3" "A Better Place."

You'd probably really like the Fire in the Head disc...great, great stuff.

CATL said:
I prefer SKM-ETR in short bursts, like his 3" "A Better Place."

You'd probably really like the Fire in the Head disc...great, great stuff.

I rarely listen to a full cd of anything this noisy in one go
like blunt force trauma, that was an aural kicking that needed 2 rounds

by the way Robert- sent you the verm disc on monday
better with the nice cover :)

started work on that 'other thing' last night
I'll fill you in soon