Augmenting original guitartones with reamps and phase issue's.

Seizure.

Jul 13, 2005
holland
www.seizure-music.com
Just what the title says:

Augmenting original guitartones with reamps and phase issue's.

I got an original tone that i like, but just needs some boosting in some area's and i wanna give it that by slightly bringing in the reamped tone which has what it misses.

But im having trouble getting it back in phase.

What are your tips and tricks?

Thanks a whole bunch upfront.

There's this little trick where you put a few click track hits before guitar DI signal start and bounce that as one audio file (click hits+guitar DI signal), and then proceed to do your reamping. That way you can easily align different amps, because of those click hits. Hope this helps.

Top tip: Manually slide new re-amp track to meet original guitar track, therefore in phase.

If you are matching the zero points at the start of the guitar track accurately, it'll be completely in phase.
Doesn't mean it sounds good - just technically in phase.

Shuffling forward and backwards will allow you to find where the tracks have the sweet spot.

Yeah, doing it by ear is ultimately the best thing to do, because that way you can get awesome textures which are not necessarily perfectly in phase. Sliding audio by few ms here and there is also what some mixers do with vocals for example (even though they were tracked tightly, without 'mistakes'), to get a better groove.

Yeah "perfect phase" is a bit of a misnomer to be honest, and it's something I see mentioned here alot. Perfect phase can never truly exist between two different signals. The only way two signals can ever be 100% perfectly in phase is if they're the exact same signal. Once you change the eq, move the mic, change the amp etc then the two signals will never perfectly combine no matter how you slide the audio around.