AUSTIN TX OCT 16th THE MONARCH .....ROLL CALL....!!!!

abandonedwaz

May 24, 2008
I'll offcourse be going.....and the misses will be with me......i shall be wearing a BW our Tshirt....and ...well yea...anyone else going....i cant wait......its gonna be aweosme.....so yeahh if anyone wants to meet .....that be cool....its always nice to meet opeth fans in person...they are ususally more mild mannered than ure average slayer/death metal fans....hahaha.........c u kids then.....PEAC EOUT

i would have been goin to this show but i moved to dallas so now i have to attend the house of blues show over here....still, presale tix sold out for both shows...amazing

yeah ...can wait......sadly Ill be on crutches......injured my foot...15 stitches......but ill soldier on...cant miss opeth for anything......!!!!....PEAC EOUT

I am very stoked about this show. I have never seen them before and will be going solo. I am so pumped but have to leave at 11:30 to play my own show at red eyed fly......

IT WAS AWEOSME.....WAWAARRRGGGHHH>.....OMG....setlist OK

Hier apparent
Serenity painted Death
Grand conjugation
Bleak
Hope leaves
Lotus eater
face of melinda/A fair judgement (half songs)
Night and the silent water
Demon of te fall
Deliverance
Drapery falls

.....maybe not the current order.....but I thhink that was it....what a show....great venue...sadly I was on crutches and heavy medication...so I pretty much was asleep during HoF set....but as soon as Popul Voh music cam eon......it was liek...i was alive again....ahahaa.....IT WAS THE BEST SHOW OF MY LIFe....i cant beleive how good they sounded....the only thing....some songs were played a bit faster than studio version...but thats ntpicking....i loved 'em all....they did the whole..."we should reearse thse songs" bit for face of melinda/AFJ....hahaha....but played everyother song full and awesonely......also I got recorgnized by liek 2 ppl from my youtube covers....hahaha.....one girl came up and siad " OMG ure the HOPE LEAVES guy from youtube"...hahahah....and then when me and misses were leaving this duder...said that he lked my harvest youtube cover....hahahaha....it was a good feeling knowing ppl dig mah covers....hahahaa......but yeah awesome show...it was also being reviewed by Austin chronicle...coz he guy reviewing the show..asked me for song titles....hahaha.....he seemes cool....awnawyayz....all in all...a great show...everyting I expected and more.....also Mikey said "thankyou you guys for being so SEXY"...hahaha....lt of other funny stuff....hahaha.....PEAC EOUT

The setlist has pretty much been the same except no one has mentioned the partial songs that I can remember.....

you forgot Serenity Painted Death....
remember???from the "red album"...and "it has death in the title"...

The setlist has pretty much been the same except no one has mentioned the partial songs that I can remember.....

you forgot Serenity Painted Death....
remember???from the "red album"...and "it has death in the title"...

Thanx I just put it back in there....hwo could I had forgottne...that was teh song I was most excited to hear live....ahaaha.....i still dont thihnk my order is correct...but its kinda close....aahahaa......PEAC EOUT

You just had temporary memory loss due to extreme listening pleasure!!
I had the Dallas setlist on my phone and checked it every now and then and they pretty much followed it song for song. I got distracted by the partial songs.... but I don't think they changed the order

Deliverance was before Demon.

I think something happened with the keys during A Fair Judgement so they stopped mid song. To kill time while they figured out the problem they played Melinda, but someone forgot how to play it so they stopped that one mid song too. Afterwords Mikael said something to the effect of "we need to practice before we play these type of songs."

~Jason

Deliverance was before Demon.

I think something happened with the keys during A Fair Judgement so they stopped mid song. To kill time while they figured out the problem they played Melinda, but someone forgot how to play it so they stopped that one mid song too. Afterwords Mikael said something to the effect of "we need to practice before we play these type of songs."

~Jason

Believe it or not....thwe whole "mix up"...is a rehearsed part of their setlist....hahahah...they've done it at other shows and other forum members will tell u its happened b4.....u @an evenr read a thread of other previous dats......ahhahah..... mikey even said the same phrases "v should rehearse more...".....so I just think instaed of playin another 10 min slow song....they are almost doing a medley thingie....I enjoyed it either way.....PEAC EOUT

Did they get to the solo in 'A Fair Judgement'? I would be pissed if they stopped the song before then.

I went to it man, the Monarch show was awesome. I was up in the front for an hour and 15 minutes when Opeth came out, was being superheated and crushed together by all the people. Walked out with my shirt soaked in sweat, was hotter than hell. When I was heading back to the bar for some water I got caught in the mosh during Deliverance.
Came out tired and thirsty.

Loved the show though, got some bruises on my arms, chest is sore, and my neck is sore.