Australian Metal Tours...

Does anyone know how much tickets to Opeth are going to be, and which is a better venue, Sydney one or Melbourne? I know when I saw them at the Corner Hotel in Melbourne that kind of sucked, so I don't want to travel too far for a repetition.

The Melbourne venue, The Forum, is flamin' sensational. I can't comment on the Sydney one.

I saw Midnight Oil at the Forum a few years ago, then Joe Satriani there last year. Great sound, great building.

The Sydney one is at our goddamn Luna Park (a vintage carnival fairground on the shores of the Harbour), and its very up-in-the-air in that as soon it was announced it was greeted with a huge communal WTF. Noone has ever heard of *any* band playing at Luna Park, never mind an international touring death metal band.. Basically noone has any idea what its gonna be like. I'd go with Melbourne, its a much safer bet.

Hmm yeah, Opeth at Luna Park :err: ... Still, I am in anticipation... Just gotta get the cash ready to buy my ticket :D

Oh and someone told me The Haunted are going to be supporting Opeth? Is this true or just another rumour?

luna park is a good venue, great sound, and is not an 'actual bigtop'. Ive had people ask me if it was a stage inside a tent... no its a fucking huge place, my guess would be that it would hold 4 thousand to 5 thousand people at least.

and its 5 mins from my house - gold

see you all there.

I read somewhere that Luna Park holds 4200....

Still need to get tickets to the Melbourne show...