Australian Tour plausible?

senevre

New Metal Member
Feb 11, 2008
Kalmah has a lot of interest down-under,
I've been following kalmah since their pre-lim EP and fucking christ would I love to see them live, along with thousands of Australian metal followers.
With hours upon hours of listening and slowly reading up on their latest tours and locations, I was curious if the event of a global tour would be undervised?

Cheers.

Senevre

i think its possible, but IMO unlikely... they've hardly done much touring in Europe itself, yet alone Australia

but don't get me wrong, it'd be freaking great! \m/

OK, time to put back on my old promoter hat and say that the issue with a band like Kalmah touring places such as Oz is more on our side of things here in Australia.

that is getting a local promoter to front the money to bring them out and arrange everything for the tour.
though it's more likely than not someone would because of the interest that the band have and the hungry Australian metal fans have for seeing international acts but the flip side is that Australia is currently having a glut of international bands touring the like of which has honestly never been seen before and that is really draining the funds of the more casual gig goers, who make up the bulk of show attendance in all honesty.

What would be the best for bands like Kalmah to do is tour with one or two other bands who are on an equal or greater standing in terms of popularity here, so costs are covered and have a greater chance of attracting a great range of people to the shows or find a festival to play and do some smaller shows a week or so before hand and then try and draw more people to see them again at the festival.

Hopefully, when Kalmah next tour Europe, one of the promoters here will hit them up for an early or late Summer tour here.
Be great to see. :headbang:

It would be kickass if they came down here, but im already short of money, and i still need more dough for mayhem and CoB.

fuck.

Ye,s Kalmah touring Australia would be the greatest thing ever, id even travel to Melbourne/Sydney etc. if they don't come to Brisbane. However its their first world tour, and i doubt its their last, you never know we could be next. :headbang:

if Kalmah is still around in 10 years and actually making money, then yes, this could be fiscally possible. as it is though, it's not remotely possible for Kalmah to tour down under.