Why so little tour dates?

clowd150

New Metal Member
Apr 25, 2005
Just wondering why Kalmah is only playing large Festivals and no headlining tours anywhere. Especially with the recent release of a new album, many would think that the band would have their own big tour.

Personally, I'd love for Kalmah to come to the US. Hell, I'd even drive to Canada if they came. I know it's complicated and that the band is bound by their label and contract agreements but I'm sure most people would agree that the lack of touring is disappointing to say the least.

The problem is with producers, not with the band. If you want Kalmah coming North America, you must persuade producers, not the band !

The problem is with producers, not with the band. If you want Kalmah coming North America, you must persuade producers, not the band !

Yea I totally understand it's not with the band. They actually appear to want to come to all these places we suggest. I just want to know why the producers aren't letting this happen. It doesn't even make sense from their point of view if there's a market (which there is) and there's money to be made.

I think before they start consistently touring USA they should probably tour their own country of Finland first. I think they would easily make it to the number one spot on the album charts with each release if they just toured and became more aware.

It seems like every metalhead I talk to here knows of Kalmah but it is always the band in the back of everyone's mind probably because they aren't playing festivals and touring. Maybe it doesn't work out because the guys all have to work and have families. No one knows.

well whatever is happening Kalmah should start touring soon because i know that when Amon Amarth toured they got their wrath of the norsemen dvd selling platinum in north america!