Hammerfall, why so low?

Jushin_Liger

Slave to the Power
Mar 18, 2003
Under the Serpent Sun. Or Glasgow
Why are Hammerfall so far down the bill at Bloodstock? Surley their a bigger band than Paradise Lost and would shift a lot mre tickets. I'd say they were bigger than Nightwish too, but with their light touring schedule they will probably pull in a few more europeans!

I'm suprised Lost Horzion aren't playing this year! I really expected them to be on this years bill! Any reason as to why not? And why not get Paul Dianno for the last slot open on the Friday?

Cheers, hope to see yous in August!

I didn't think the order was finalized yet? Still if Hamerfall were only below Nightwish & Paradise Lost it wouldn’t be so low.
I believe Lost Horizon were recently in some kind of tour bus related accident & therefore may not be playing for a while :(

I'd have thought Hammerfall would be the main support behind Nightwish (I actually just prefer Hammerfall to Nightwish but I realize that Nightwish do probably have more fans)

They're tonnes bigger and better then Paradise Lost though.

Eagle said:
also get Halford as the final band

SAXON
HALFORD
BLAZE
POWER QUEST

this looks seriously nice.

Halford has declined to appear this year - was offered a headline slot! USA touring commitments .................

Note - order for Saturday is:

Nightwish
Paradise Lost
Hammerfall

PL and HF will play the same length of sets so billing is immaterial - PL get higher due to Longevity, British, History etc! HF may be bigger elsewhere in Euro-land but not the UK just yet! Anyways will provide a nice split in musical styles between the 3 huh !!

Sod PL they suck, they sold out and they don't even play metal anymore, MDB would be much better support:cool::D:)

Tho' from what I've seen there are more HF fans than you might think, its just that HF haven't made a platinum album yet whereas Nightwish have (Century Chiald has gone platinum in one scandinavian country, I think Sweeden), but if you ask me HF would be better headliners

and MDB even better than that.... ah well theres always 04

Icon / Draconian Times / One second, all good albums. Hammerfall aren't that big in the UK yet, and to be honest I think that the variety in the lineup for Saturday's main stage is pretty good.

PL may have lost their way a little, but if they play the right mix of material they will be cool.

As for Halford, well I can understand why he wouldn't want to be on stage after Balze :)

Here's hoping for Lost Horizon Tho' - 'kin AWESOME at Wacken '-01

:) :)

Apparently Paradise Lost have sorted out a lot of their
live problems in recent months. A guy I know saw them
quite recently and they put on a really good show - now that's
not hard compared to their crap performances on the Host
tour but it looks pretty good.

Astarmain said:
Apparently Paradise Lost have sorted out a lot of their
live problems in recent months. A guy I know saw them
quite recently and they put on a really good show - now that's
not hard compared to their crap performances on the Host
tour but it looks pretty good.

I saw then twice recently in Sweden and they sounded the best that they have done for several years. They played a good mix of new stuff and old (though the old was slightly re-fashioned). Fuck, even Nick was smiling!

Maybe still not everyone's cuppa tea, but I'd still rather watch 90mins of them rather than the same amount of Swedish cheese. 30-40mins of Hammerfall would be more than enough thanks.

If PL were headlining the main stage and Hammerfall opening the darwin suite at 6:30 am, I still think there'd be more people watching Hammerfall. Anway we shall see on the day. Anyway after Hammerfall's set at least I'll get chance to hit the bar before Nightwish.

Eagle said:
If PL were headlining the main stage and Hammerfall opening the darwin suite at 6:30 am, I still think there'd be more people watching Hammerfall. Anway we shall see on the day. Anyway after Hammerfall's set at least I'll get chance to hit the bar before Nightwish.

I saw Paradise Lost play with Opeth two months ago and they were amazing. They sounded terrific, even Nick suprisingly, who has had some live vocal troubles in the past. I am so ready to see them....if the rest of the power metal audience doesn't like them, I'll just have to scream my American ass off louder to make up for it.

Halford declined!! Man, that would have been so sweet. I know they can't play the British Friday night, but bring on Nevermore....they'll pummel everyone, new album is coming out in June too, so it would be perfect timing.

Any feel for how long Masterplan is going to get? Hopefully enough time to play almost all of their debut.

Am i one of the few people who tries to see as many of the bands as they can at these events? I like all the bands, and i'm surprised at people who have partly such good taste in music also being incredibly narrow-minded...

Kolyma said:
Am i one of the few people who tries to see as many of the bands as they can at these events? I like all the bands, and i'm surprised at people who have partly such good taste in music also being incredibly narrow-minded...
Is this a dig at me?

I suppose I could come accross as narrow-minded. However I like to look at it as being HONEST in my opinions.

Am I narrow minded for liking Hammerfall and not liking Paradise Lost?