New Circle II Circle album artwork, Firewind/Thunderstone/Pretty Maids/HammerFall...

TheGraveDigger

Heavy Metal Maniac
Sep 29, 2002
Union, NJ, USA
Greek melodic power metal band FIREWIND, featuring former DREAM EVIL guitarist Gus G., have been confirmed as the support act for Sweden's HAMMERFALL on their upcoming Icebreaker Festival dates in April. Other bands on the bill are LORDI, THUNDERSTONE and PRETTY MAIDS (in Gothenburg only, instead of THUNDERSTONE).

Apr. 21 - Z7 – Pratteln, SWI
Apr. 22 - Filharmonie - Filderstadt, GER
Apr. 23 - Stadthalle - Lichtenfels, GER
Apr. 24 - Turbinenhalle – Oberhausen, GER
Apr. 30 - Scandinavium Arena – Gothenburg, SWE

FIREWIND will be supporting labelmates NEVERMORE at a special show in London's Underworld club on March 18. A day prior to the London gig, Gus G. will be performing a guitar clinic at London's GIT (Guitar Institute).

FIREWIND's third album, "Forged by Fire", was issued in Europe last month via Century Media Records. A video clip for "Tyranny" was recently produced and is included as a special bonus enhancement on the final version of the album.
---
CIRCLE II CIRCLE, the new band fronted by former SAVATAGE singer Zachary Stevens, have uploaded the cover artwork for their upcoming sophomore album, "Middle of Nowhere", at their official web site.

The follow-up to 2003's "Watching In Silence", "Middle of Nowhere" was produced by Stevens with Jim Morris and Dan Campbell and features the songwriting talents of Stevens, Jon Oliva and Chris Caffery (both of SAVATAGE). Also contributing two tracks to the CD is new songwriting partner Bernd Aufermann of RUNNING WILD. A March 29 release through AFM Records is expected.

"Middle of Nowhere" contains 10 tracks with 56-plus minutes of "modern, cutting-edge heavy metal," according to a press release. The CD is "a work of art that was pains takenly constructed over a 10 month period of recording seclusion, devastating hurricanes, and many of life's trials and tribulations. The record flows like a twisting tale of insanity, devastation, and illusion that takes you on a cynical roller coaster ride with a cleansing conclusion of triumph over diversity."

"Middle of Nowhere" track listing:

01. In This Life (intro)
02. All That Remains
03. Open Season
04. Holding On
05. Cynical Ride
06. Hollow
07. Strung Out
08. Faces in the Dark
09. The Middle of Nowhere
10. Lost (The Cleansing)

CIRCLE II CIRCLE lineup:

Zachary Stevens - Vocals
Paul Micheal Stewart – Bass, Vocals
Thomas Drennan – Drums, Vocals
Evan Christopher - Guitars, Vocals
Andrew Lee - Guitars, Vocals

Special appearances include Matt La Porte and Robert Wolf.
---

Ok this is why I hate Europeans! They are so fucking lucky! Lordi, Firewind, Thunderstone, Pretty Maids and HammerFall on one bill? I would lose my pants!

Definetly looking foward to the new Circle II Circle album. I really enjoyed the first one. It's modern sounding but in a very good way. I dig them alot.

"The ProgPower USA Forum -- Your last, best source for re-posted Blabbermouth articles."

:rolleyes:

(How 'bout one "News" thread where users can re-post links to such articles, and maybe a one-paragraph summary?)

TheGraveDigger said:
Greek melodic power metal band FIREWIND, featuring former DREAM EVIL guitarist Gus G., have been confirmed as the support act for Sweden's HAMMERFALL on their upcoming Icebreaker Festival dates in April. Other bands on the bill are LORDI, THUNDERSTONE and PRETTY MAIDS (in Gothenburg only, instead of THUNDERSTONE).

Apr. 21 - Z7 – Pratteln, SWI
Apr. 22 - Filharmonie - Filderstadt, GER
Apr. 23 - Stadthalle - Lichtenfels, GER
Apr. 24 - Turbinenhalle – Oberhausen, GER
Apr. 30 - Scandinavium Arena – Gothenburg, SWE

FIREWIND will be supporting labelmates NEVERMORE at a special show in London's Underworld club on March 18. A day prior to the London gig, Gus G. will be performing a guitar clinic at London's GIT (Guitar Institute).

FIREWIND's third album, "Forged by Fire", was issued in Europe last month via Century Media Records. A video clip for "Tyranny" was recently produced and is included as a special bonus enhancement on the final version of the album.
---
CIRCLE II CIRCLE, the new band fronted by former SAVATAGE singer Zachary Stevens, have uploaded the cover artwork for their upcoming sophomore album, "Middle of Nowhere", at their official web site.

The follow-up to 2003's "Watching In Silence", "Middle of Nowhere" was produced by Stevens with Jim Morris and Dan Campbell and features the songwriting talents of Stevens, Jon Oliva and Chris Caffery (both of SAVATAGE). Also contributing two tracks to the CD is new songwriting partner Bernd Aufermann of RUNNING WILD. A March 29 release through AFM Records is expected.

"Middle of Nowhere" contains 10 tracks with 56-plus minutes of "modern, cutting-edge heavy metal," according to a press release. The CD is "a work of art that was pains takenly constructed over a 10 month period of recording seclusion, devastating hurricanes, and many of life's trials and tribulations. The record flows like a twisting tale of insanity, devastation, and illusion that takes you on a cynical roller coaster ride with a cleansing conclusion of triumph over diversity."

"Middle of Nowhere" track listing:

01. In This Life (intro)
02. All That Remains
03. Open Season
04. Holding On
05. Cynical Ride
06. Hollow
07. Strung Out
08. Faces in the Dark
09. The Middle of Nowhere
10. Lost (The Cleansing)

CIRCLE II CIRCLE lineup:

Zachary Stevens - Vocals
Paul Micheal Stewart – Bass, Vocals
Thomas Drennan – Drums, Vocals
Evan Christopher - Guitars, Vocals
Andrew Lee - Guitars, Vocals

Special appearances include Matt La Porte and Robert Wolf.
---

Ok this is why I hate Europeans! They are so fucking lucky! Lordi, Firewind, Thunderstone, Pretty Maids and HammerFall on one bill? I would lose my pants!

Definetly looking foward to the new Circle II Circle album. I really enjoyed the first one. It's modern sounding but in a very good way. I dig them alot.

Thanks for the heads up on the new Circle II Circle album! That will be one I'll have to check out! I enjoyed the first one as well, but people started off by comparing it to Savatage's work, which is to be expected I guess. Nevertheless, it's a fantastic debut! Firewind is another band that I need to check out. I've been hearing that name a lot lately. I've only heard one song from them off of the Nightmare Records sampler, and it rocks!

edgeofthorns said:
Thanks for the heads up on the new Circle II Circle album! That will be one I'll have to check out! I enjoyed the first one as well, but people started off by comparing it to Savatage's work, which is to be expected I guess. Nevertheless, it's a fantastic debut! Firewind is another band that I need to check out. I've been hearing that name a lot lately. I've only heard one song from them off of the Nightmare Records sampler, and it rocks!

I have the two albums they have released thus far and they are both very good. I am definetly looking foward to "Forged By Fire".