289 days to go

Eagle

Raging Heathen!
Sep 10, 2002
Northern Shores Of The Humber
Visit site
Now that there's only 289 days to go I think we should end our quibbling and set aside our differences (Just for a little while) and all put down our 'UNBIASSED' Dream Line Ups.

I've even included some bands I don't like (So I can browse the metal market). I've also only included 2 bands that have played at Bloodstock events before! (I've actually thought about this!!)

Here Goes:

Friday Night (BRITISH METAL NIGHT)

SAXON (Headline) - 100% Metal and with the Eagle set up

BLAZE - Always gives his all and has a significant base of loyal supporters

DRAGONFORCE - Should finally have their album out and it would be nice to see them on a big stage

SEVEN DEADLY SINS - Steve Grimmet's Band, Deserve to be playing at this level and also would be bonus to hear some Grim Reaper/Onslaught classics too

MAIN HALL

ICED EARTH (Headline) - Top quality, cater for traditional, death and power metal fans, should have new album out and be nice to have a yank band headline the bill.

HAMMERFALL - Seem to forgot us on the current tour so they owe us one, also excellent live band

CHILDREN OF BODOM - Would bring a vast amount of fans to see them debut in the UK and it would be awesome to get a more extreme band in the main hall

KAMELOT - Bloodstock should always have a prog style band on the mainstage and who better then the mighty Kamelot

DEMONS AND WIZARDS - Get Hansi back from last year and let's see this amazing side project in the UK

SINERGY - We need a female fronted metal band on the bill and these are currently the elite

POWERQUEST - The future of British Power Metal, new album out, an absolute necessity for 03

DARWIN SUIT

ANNIHILATOR (Headline)- Thrash at it's best, need I say more?

PAUL DIANNO/KILLERS/BATTLEZONE - One of the godfathers of metal and he will be worth seeing for the Maiden Classics alone

PARADISE LOST - Still appear to have a reasonable following in the UK

NAPALM DEATH - Classic British Grindcore who I'm surprised have not already played at a bloodstock event

WHITE SKULL - Outstanding Italian Metal

WAYLANDER - Already confirmed and will please fans of Return To Sabbat and Elvenking

RIFF MASTER GENERAL - Classic British Metal and would please the majority of traditional fans

Lets all put out reality (No Metallica, Maiden, Motorhead, Priest Line Ups) Dream Line Ups on and see what we come up with.

FRIDAY:
(I like the British metal night idea)

Benediction
Saxon
Paradise Lost
Ackercocke

SATURDAY

Main Stage:

Children of Bodom (Headliners)
Dark Tranquility
Decapitated
Napalm Death
Dying Fetus
My Dying Bride
In Flames

Darwin Suite:

Mesuggah (Headliners)
Iced Earth
Zyklon
Lacuna Coil :yow: Christina is fit
Sinergy
Arch Enemy
Biomechanical

Friday:
Napalm Death :worship: (Headliners)
Lets be honest, Napalm Death have been flying the british metal flag for years now

Ackercocke :worship:
Their new album is out in january so they could us te publicity, plus they are a really kick-ass band

Benediction
Just because they kick ass

Biomechanical
They were amazing last year, it was just a shame that no-one went too see them (well hardly anyone)

Satday:
Main stage

Children of Bodom :worship: (Headliners)
They rule, end of, I'd pay the whole lot just too see them

Zyklon :worship:
One of my favorite bands, very fast, very tecnical, very fun

Decapitated :worship:
They play loads of gigs over here and have loads of energy

My Dying Bride :worship:
One of themost important bands thiscountryhas ever produced

Lacuna Coil :worship:
Just as a bit of chillout in the middle of the day, plus we can all gawk at Christina

In Flames :worship:
That'll pull in the crowd, and make a major pit

Myrkskog :worship:
Really good band, not gotenough Charisma to be headliner but a great warm up

Darwin stage:

Cathedral :worship:
nice groovy riffs for later in the day

Arch Enemy :worship:
Just for some fast as hell moshing

Labrat
Not a fan, but they are a good crowd puller and don't suck, I really wanted Matter but they don't exist anymore.

Return to the Sabbat :worship:
They've been at the last 2...

Mesuggah :worship:
Real metal fans can rejoice

Dying Fetus :worship:
Just for some f'skin nuts grind!!!

The Blueprint :worship:
Lacking Earthtone9 this should do nicely

I'd go for

Friday

Magnum
Saxon
Blaze
Killers

Saturday Main stage

In Flames
Iced Earth
Savatage
Lacuna Coil
Orange Goblin
Spiritual Beggars

small stage

Overkill
Napalm Death
Arch Enemy
Entombed
Clutch
Backyard Babies

or something like that.

Originally posted by William
Me agrees, but dont leave out rotting christ, bal sagoth, mortician, hypocrisy, haggard or king diamond

Yea Bal-Sagoth and rotting christ, sound good to me

Originally posted by Eagle

Friday Night (BRITISH METAL NIGHT)

SAXON (Headline), BLAZE, DRAGONFORCE, SEVEN DEADLY SINS

MAIN HALL

ICED EARTH (Headline), HAMMERFALL, CHILDREN OF BODOM, KAMELOT, DEMONS AND WIZARDS, SINERGY, POWERQUEST

DARWIN SUIT

ANNIHILATOR (Headline), PAUL DIANNO/KILLERS/BATTLEZONE, PARADISE LOST, NAPALM DEATH, WHITE SKULL, WAYLANDER, RIFF MASTER GENERAL
Blimey! I'm surprised by how much of this I agree with. There are only two bands (Napalm Death and CoB) that I'd avoid, but I appreciate that others would like to see them. My only concern is that being realistic, you've listed 8 foreign bands. Not that I think that's a problem per se, but I'd expect the cost of bringing over non-UK based bands to be higher, and hence it may not be economically feasible to do so in those quantities. I'm a bit wary of Iced Earth, having been thoroughly underwhelmed by their recent London show at The Scala. But other than that, it's hard to find fault. The doubling up of Iced Earth / Demons and Wizards and Sinergy / CoB is a good idea -- it worked well for Dan Zimmerman this year. As I've said elsewhere, I'd probably put Dianno lower down on the bill, just so there's a hope of him still being sober when he plays. Other than that, I can't agree enough with your suggestion for Annihilator to headline the second stage. "Waking the fury" is easily my album of the year so far.

BTW, at Dark Tranquillity on Monday, Herman told me that the Dragonforce album now has a firm release date of Jan 18th.

Originally posted by Baletempest
Labrat
Not a fan, but they are a good crowd puller and don't suck, I really wanted Matter but they don't exist anymore.
Excuse me while I stop choking in disbelief at this statement. In the last decade and a half, I've seen well over 400 bands live, and Labrat are currently at the top of my list as being the worst of the lot. Trust me, they really, really do suck, in a huge all encompassing kind of way. They can't play their instruments, and the "vocals"... well the less said the better. Even death/growl/slipknot type bands are better than Labrat. I may not be a fan of most of the bands on your list, but I can tolerate them, and accept that others have different musical tastes. But Labrat are just a step too far.

Originally posted by Tet
Excuse me while I stop choking in disbelief at this statement. In the last decade and a half, I've seen well over 400 bands live, and Labrat are currently at the top of my list as being the worst of the lot. Trust me, they really, really do suck, in a huge all encompassing kind of way. They can't play their instruments, and the "vocals"... well the less said the better. Even death/growl/slipknot type bands are better than Labrat. I may not be a fan of most of the bands on your list, but I can tolerate them, and accept that others have different musical tastes. But Labrat are just a step too far.

Well said :D

Well like I say I loved Matter but they disbanded, but I must admit, Labrat are (along with the Deftones) the most over-rated band ever, its just people seem to love 'em. Has anyone herd Charger, 'cos they're supposed to be in the same vein too, I've only herd a bit of Labrat but they are inferiour in every way to Matter and I don't think that there'll be a band like 'em ever again:(

To Tet,

I saw Annihilator earlier this year with Seven Witches and Debase and I can honestly say it was one of the high points of the year. From a studio perspective although I do love Waking The Fury I think I just prefer Carnival Diablos.

Time Bomb is a classic!

Originally posted by Eagle
I saw Annihilator earlier this year with Seven Witches and Debase and I can honestly say it was one of the high points of the year.
Please don't remind me. I'm *so* gutted that I missed it. I had a ticket and everything, but put the wrong date down in my diary, so on the day I tried to go to the gig, I found out it had been the day before, and I'd missed it. D'oh! My misery was further compounded by friends who were there telling me how great a show it was :-(