284 days to go!

Eagle

Raging Heathen!
Sep 10, 2002
Northern Shores Of The Humber
Visit site
Well with only 284 days to 'til the next Bloodstock. It's time to have the 1st round of Eagle's Fantasy Bloodstock. Basically all you have to do is put together a reality dream line up using bands that are already confirmed.

For tonight my choice is currently something like this:

Mainstage

Friday:
Hammerfall (Headline)
Balance Of Power
Tigertailz
Infobia

Saturday:
Stratovarius (Headline)
Bob Catley or Magnum
Evergrey
Edenbridge
Demon
Elvenking
Intense

I'm not too clued up on what up and coming undergound acts should fill the Darwin suite but it's great news that Fourwaykill are the headliners. Cruachan also seem very promising and should be the main support behind 4WK. I've not yet made my mind up about White Buffalo.

Reactions: Tet
Eagle said:
Stratovarius (Headline)
You're assuming that there's going to be a Stratovarius left by this time next year, at least in a form we'll recognise. What will Statovarius be like without Kotipelto (as is looking increasingly likely)? Still worth seeing, no doubt, but probably very different in character...

I agree about Cruachan. From the clips on their web site, they sound very promising. Equally, I'm not yet won over by White Buffalo. Not sure who else I'd like to see. I mean there are plenty of foreign bands, naturally. But we've already got Edenbridge, Hammerfall, Cruachan and (hopefully) Grave Digger. Dunno how many more the budget wil stretch to, and I haven't seen any UK bands that are compelling enough recently to warrant a Bloodstock slot. Other than those who have already played in recent years (Blaze, PQ, Dragonforce), of course. I still think it'd be worth a punt on Killing Miranda, though. They've been getting noticably better and noticably more suitable for Bloodstock recently, and are a great live band. Also, given that Jag Panzer are keen to come over, it'd be almost criminal to not at least try and make the effort to sort the financial side out to ensure it happens.

As for fantasy lineups, well, it's hard to argue against a triumphant return for Gamma Ray. As I'm sure some around here would agree :) Throw in Primal Fear (and if you're doing that, Sinner as well), Rage, Apocalyptica (an absolute must, if not this year, then definitely at some point in the future), Tristania, Sirenia, Einherjer, Lost Horizon, Nostradameus, and you're well on your way to a stunning BS'04. Oh, and while we're at it, won't the new W.A.S.P. album be out by then? The perfect live band to round things off...

I agree totally with Elvenking. They'd make a great darwin suite act and they'll have their new album 'Wyrd' out by then. Taking the other bands into account:

Mainstage:

Friday
Grave Digger
Balance of Power
White Skull
Infobia

Saturday
(not sure about headliner yet, but i'd love to see COB live)
Rage
Sonata Arctica
Lost Horizon
Edenbridge
Return to Sabbat
Elvenking

Leewill: Yeah CoB kick ass live, the new album was born for live play.

I'd like to see Aborym, My Dying Bride, Amon Amarath, Akercoke or Decapitated wake an appearance for the extreme fans, all of them brilliant live acts. Thyrfing, Enslaved, Fintroll or Moonsorrow would be cool too.

I'd still like to see some unknowns from other countries make an appearance; Frostmoon Eclipse, Enochian Crescent or Funeris Nocturnum would be great.

I just read the news that timo kotipelto is out of stratovarius along with the keyboardist i think it was, the names are finnish to me... but they say that it is 100% definate that the old line up will do the summer festival dates next summer they said they would so they could still play bloodstock in their old guise... Heres hopeing...

I can't imagine what Strato will be like without Timo K and Jens.

It's a shame really as they had just got back to form and I'd love them to have played Bloodstock next year.

Will be interesting to see who replacements are though.

Dream Thief said:
I can't imagine what Strato will be like without Timo K and Jens.
jens is still there its Timo K and Jorg who are out. Tolki is apparently talking with a finnish drummer and a german singer at the moment. He'll have to move quick, the band have some dates lined up in Feb 04!

Yep. Sounds like Kotipelto was kicked out, and Jorg left because he didn't like the working atmosphere in the band. Like I said, they'll probably still be worth watching, but I suspect they'll be very different to the Stratovarius we've known up to this point.

chazzyf said:
jens is still there its Timo K and Jorg who are out. Tolki is apparently talking with a finnish drummer and a german singer at the moment. He'll have to move quick, the band have some dates lined up in Feb 04!

Cheers for the correction there. I had been searching but could find no information of any real use.

Still, it's a great loss to Stratovarius and it'll be hard to imagine them with a new line up. Oh well, I'd still love to see them play Bloodstock!!

LeeWill said:
I agree totally with Elvenking. They'd make a great darwin suite act and they'll have their new album 'Wyrd' out by then. Taking the other bands into account:

Mainstage:

Friday
Grave Digger
Balance of Power
White Skull
Infobia

Saturday
(not sure about headliner yet, but i'd love to see COB live)
Rage
Sonata Arctica
Lost Horizon
Edenbridge
Return to Sabbat
Elvenking

White Skull are one of my favourite bands. I campaigned to get over for the last bloodstock but I think there was only a few of us who liked them (I think it was just me and Tet to be honest). This actually surprised me as I'd have thought their latest 'The Dark Age' album would have appealed to extreme as well as Power Metal Fans. I actually e-mailed Mad Tony last year and I know he was very keen to come and play in the UK. Hint for Vince!

Maybe with a bit more support and exposure over here it would be possible. Also their new album and possibly their tour could coincide with next year's bloodstock

Maybe again White Skull deserve a thread of their own

Eagle said:
White Skull are one of my favourite bands. I campaigned to get over for the last bloodstock but I think there was only a few of us who liked them (I think it was just me and Tet to be honest).
Yaaay for White Skull. I'm sure they'd go down well at Bloodstock. So whaddya say, Vince?

OK.
Bands already confirmed, means also bands with negative confirmation. Here goes:

Friday:
Man O War
Demons & Wizards
Area 54

Sat
Main:
Voivod
Children Of Bodom
Balance of Power
Alchemist
Grand Magus
Infobia
Edenbridge

Darwin:
Fourwaykill
Knights Of Tethys
Electric Frankenstein
Sunn 0)))
Cruachan
Concept
Bloodhag
This Way Out
White Buffalo

Im not too kean on the choice of darwin suite headliner.
Anyway heres my lineup for darwin...

Bal-Sagoth (headline)
Rotting Christ
Samael
Finntroll
Perished
Cruachan
FourWayKill

Primordial rule live aswell...

Id also love to see King Diamond and Haggard on main stage!

William said:
Im not too kean on the choice of darwin suite headliner.
Anyway heres my lineup for darwin...

Bal-Sagoth (headline)
Rotting Christ
Samael
Finntroll
Perished
Cruachan
FourWayKill

Can't agree with you there mate, I think FourWayKill are beyond worthy of headlining and will DESTROYYYYYYYY!!!!! (lml)
Would love to see Bal-Sagoth again though, and Rotting Christ would be awesome.

Think my ideal lineup would be (in general)

Iced Earth
Gamma Ray
Opeth
Ephel Duath (come on, pleaseeee Vince!!!)
Theory in Practice
Return to the Sabbat
Without Face
Elvenking
Rakoth
Dragonforce

(note to Vince: Ephel Duath + Elvenking = 2 Italian Bands = ship'em over together = two awesome bands!!!!)

Ephel Duath rule, The Painters Pallete is an excelent album, definately worthy of all the praise it has recieved, plus they should have a new album out by then and what better venue to promote it than Bloodstock:)

I hear you bud, can't think of a band around at the moment who would be more suited, in terms of benfiting the bloodstock crowd and benefitting themselves (think they've only ever had one UK show so Im sure they'd jump at the chance).
If you liked the painters pallette you should definitely check out rephormula, its blinding!!

I will, I love Italian BM, but the track I've heard (the one with the vid thats on TPP) isn't really like TPP. Right now Italy, Britan and Finland have the best BM scenes in the world, they are really taking the genre foward.

Ironicaly RC's UK tour will be controvertial because of the prescence of Extol, a fucking Christain band, with preachy lyrics and all.

RePhormula is awsome, not sure if they would play it live now though. That is a very strange lineup indeed... rotting christ and extol :\