134 days to go ...

Eagle

Raging Heathen!
Sep 10, 2002
Northern Shores Of The Humber
Visit site
With the majority of bands already confirmed this is how would I hope the rest of the event turns out:

Friday:
SAXON
BLAZE
DEMON
POWER QUEST

Saturday:

Mainstage
NIGHTWISH
PARADISE LOST
HAMMERFALL
MASTERPLAN
WHITE SKULL
NOSTRADAMEUS
DRAGONFORCE

Darwin Suite
BIOMECHANICAL
FOUR WAY KILL
MERCURY RAIN
WAYLANDER
FULC
BATES MOTEL
ILLUMINATUS

CRUEL HUMANITY
BUMSNOGGER

Looks there's just 3 vacancies left now. I hope it's we get some more quality bands in.

Eagle dude, my understanding of how things might be looking...

Assuming that there the same No. of bands on the second & main stages on the Saturday...

F r i d a y :
SAXON
BLAZE
?????
POWER QUEST

S a t u r d a y:

M a in s t a g e:
NIGHTWISH
PARADISE LOST
HAMMERFALL
MASTERPLAN
???? - how about 'Sinergy' or 'RAGE' ?
DRAGONFORCE
???? - how about 'Eidolen' or 'After Forever' ?
MERCURY RAIN

D a r w i n - S u i t e

BIOMECHANICAL
FOUR WAY KILL
????
WAYLANDER
FULC
BATES MOTEL
CRUEL HUMANITY
BUMSNOGGER

i'd still love Marshan to get on the bill.. but after Vince said to them 'what can u do to make it a sweeter deal for me' they gave up hope of gettin on...

right now its lookin like i'll just be goin on the friday night now, sorry bates motel, but its a long way to go, just for one band on saturday - will see ya in stoke tho!

How about dimmu borgir or nevermore for a mainstage slot, rage for anoither mainstage slot.. soilwork, MDB, mourning beloveth or the prophecy for the smaller stage

In fact, looking at the line up im wondering if it was wise buying a ticket this year.. not enough extreme metal! There is a couple of good power metal imports, but not 1 from the extreme metal genres.. in fact there is only cruel humanity and waylander who could be linked to black or death metal and theyr not very big names at all (although they are decent bands)

Volcane said:
Eagle dude, my understanding of how things might be looking...

Assuming that there the same No. of bands on the second & main stages on the Saturday...

F r i d a y :
SAXON
BLAZE
?????
POWER QUEST

S a t u r d a y:

M a in s t a g e:
NIGHTWISH
PARADISE LOST
HAMMERFALL
MASTERPLAN
???? - how about 'Sinergy' or 'RAGE' ?
DRAGONFORCE
???? - how about 'Eidolen' or 'After Forever' ?
MERCURY RAIN

D a r w i n - S u i t e

BIOMECHANICAL
FOUR WAY KILL
????
WAYLANDER
FULC
BATES MOTEL
CRUEL HUMANITY
BUMSNOGGER
I was under the impression that Dragonforce were opening the mainstage on the Saturday and Mercury Rain were near the top in the darwin suite. I suppose we'll all find out when the remaining bands are confirmed. I just hope they're confirmed soon 'cause the suspense is killing me.

How about some prog metal for the mainstage? Evergrey or Symphony X?

Eagle - the idea is that MR kick off the mainstage, and Nightwish finish (Finnish ?)the event. It's the female-vocal tie-in !

So that to my mind (if there are 3 more bands) leaves one more slot on the mainstage, one on the Darwin Suite and one on the Friday night.

Hopefully see you all there for MR (hint hint...)

While I would agree that there isn't enough Extream Metal I think most of the budget is gone now and there isn't much extream Metal in the UK. Tho' Napalm Death, Mistress or Benediction would be great and if they do have a larger wad of cash Insision, Aborted or Strommoussheld would be great choices

Volcane said:
Eagle - the idea is that MR kick off the mainstage, and Nightwish finish (Finnish ?)the event. It's the female-vocal tie-in !

So that to my mind (if there are 3 more bands) leaves one more slot on the mainstage, one on the Darwin Suite and one on the Friday night.

Hopefully see you all there for MR (hint hint...)
Nice One! :) If Mercury Rain are on the mainstage I'll get to save my legs by not having to walk across to the Darwin Suite to see them there.
Black Lagoon said:
Ahem...Tony Martin..Ahem...
As in former Sabbath singer? Would be excellent to hear the 'HEADLESS CROSS' and such again.

How about Falconer? Both their albums are brilliant.
Anyways see you all there it will be my first time at Bloodstock as I only found out about it after last years show by chance

Andi said:
I think they have a new singer?
Falconer no more? New singer? Hell's teeth you discover a band by chance and before you've even got their albums they broke up/reformed/got a new singer! Still thats what comes of depending on Kerrang for REAL metal news.
Come to think of that anybody recommend a mag that keeps you up to date with all the power/trad/stoner type of bands?
Last mag other than the now very krap Kerrang. I bought was Metal Forces. Showing my age now!