99 days and counting ...

Tet said:
I wholeheartedly agree. I'm listening to "World of glass" at the moment, and it absolutely rocks. It's probably the album I listen to most at the moment (with Amaran's "A world depraved" a close second). Plus, of course, they'd go well with Nightwish. But I have a feeling that Vince has probably exhausted his budget for overseas acts, so we're likely to see more UK bands, rather than foreign ones. I'd really, *really* like to see Seven Deadly Sins make it. They're the only UK band I can think of that are obviously missing from this year's lineup.

I'd definitely lead the requests to see Tristania in '04 though. And Amaran, for that matter. And speaking of such things, both Dimmu Borgir and Borknagar should have their new albums out by then. Throw in some best of breed power metal (Nostradameus, Angel Dust, White Skull, and perhaps returns for Primal Fear and/or Gamma Ray to headline), and '04 could conceivably have an awesome lineup. I'll stop now before I drool on the keyboard too much :)

Seven Deadly Sins would be awesome and they fit nicely on the friday between Power Quest and BLAZE. Do you know if they've got a website anywhere?

Also agree with Gamma Ray to Headline '04' and all your other suggestions. Get Messiah's Kiss and Doro on the bill too and Sinner.

Line Up for ‘04’

Friday
HELLOWEEN
DORO
SINNER
INTENSE

Mainstage
GAMMA RAY
PRIMAL FEAR
LACUNA COIL
LOST HORIZON
WHITE SKULL
NOSTRADAMEUS
MESSIAH’S KISS

Second Stage
TRISTANIA
BORKNAGAR
RETURN TO SABBAT
ELVENKING
INFOBIA
RIFF MASTER GENERAL
METALLICA to open for the second stage

Eagle said:
Line Up for ‘04’
Hard to argue with any of those choices! I wasn't too keen on Intense myself, but I can't really complain about one band! The Tristania/Borknagar combination for the second stage is inspired, and all of the main stage bands are not only good choices, but I can attest to the live prowess of all but White Skull and Lost Horizon. I would say, though, that the Saturday lineup is a bit power metal heavy (heresy, I know!). While that's great for the likes of you and me, it may turn others away. Bloodstock should have a mix of everything, even if it means a few bands I'd rather not see. That's a big part of the problem with rock radio and rock clubs these days (OK, there isn't any real rock radio, but you know what I mean). They just play mallcore. If they interspersed it with some classic trad metal, a bit of power metal, some black metal and so on, then it would be much better. Even stalwarts like Totalrock (radio) and The Pit (club) are starting to fall by the wayside...

Can't please all of the people all of the time TET :):p but anyhow...regards Seven Deadly Sins...the manager of our band actually plays bass for them now (he used to manage them) and they've gone back to being called Lionsheart and are putting the finishing touches on their new album being recorded in Swindon. I'll check my facts but i think that Vince has already been approached and wasn't particularly keen on adding the band. This may have changed of course as i said i'd have to check my facts. TET, check out our album when it comes out, never know you may be pleasantly surprised :) if you're only into the more European stuff though be warned we're still pretty heavy .... you can always attend the London show on Aug 25th to see us with PQ and MR too :) and see what you think. The album will be the clencher though, Karl Groom's production is superb imo :D

I'm just too excited about finally seeing Nightwish...I thought they would never play a show here and til i heard about Bloodstock didnt even think they had hardly any fans here except me and my friends lol.

Its gonna be awesome, see you all there :hotjump: :wave:

sean-intense said:
TET, check out our album when it comes out, never know you may be pleasantly surprised :) if you're only into the more European stuff though be warned we're still pretty heavy ....
Actually, my biggest complaint when I saw you at the Underworld was that you weren't very heavy, and well... just not very intense! Still, I'll look out for the new album, and I'll be at the London show in August, so I'll see you there. Good news about Lionsheart. Personally, I'd like to see an Onslaught reunion, but I doubt that's going to happen any time soon...

Looking forward to PQ, MR :D and Intense at the Underworld on August 25th, but what is it like as a venue, easy to find/get to :erk: , cheap beer :loco:, will it be packed/empty, true metal or just the curious?

Obsydian said:
Looking forward to PQ, MR :D and Intense at the Underworld on August 25th, but what is it like as a venue, easy to find/get to :erk: , cheap beer :loco:, will it be packed/empty, true metal or just the curious?

As a venue it basically lives up to it's name as it's built underneath a pub. It's a pretty good venue and most of Europe's top Power Metal bands have played there. My only complaint is that there are 2 huge pillars close to the stage area, so unless you're pretty close to the front or stand on the side balcony it can be difficult to see.

I had a few probs finding the place the first time I went, so if you don't know London that well then I would recommend investing in a London A to Z. It can be pretty busy in Camden so unless you know where you're going it can be difficult to miss. Strangely, I've never had a problem getting parked near the venue (within a few hundred yards).

I think the place will be pretty packed for the gig. Also/usually a lot of the metlars meet up in the World's End before hand and that place has character too.

Actually, my biggest complaint when I saw you at the Underworld was that you weren't very heavy, and well... just not very intense!
What....? blimey i don't know what they did to our sound then?? Hopefully the mix will be better for the August show...i definitely think you'll be pleased with the album as our guitar sounds are pretty stonking, lots of boogie stuff going on...