213 days to go!

Eagle

Raging Heathen!
Sep 10, 2002
Northern Shores Of The Humber
Visit site
Let’s all have another game of ‘Fantasy Bloodstock’
Reality Dream Line Ups Only (already using confirmed bands) also I’ve been very open minded and included bands that I don’t necessarily like but I appreciate that others may want to see them.

Friday
SAXON
BLAZE
BIOMECHANICAL
POWER QUEST

Saturday (Mainstage)
NIGHTWISH
HAMMERFALL
PARADISE LOST
MASTERPLAN
WHITE SKULL
VISION DIVINE
DRAGON FORCE

Saturday (Darwin Suite)
LACUNA COIL
PAUL DIANNO
NAPALM DEATH
WAYLANDER
MERCURY RAIN
RIFF MASTER GENERAL
FULC

Personally I think we need more Power Metal!

Friday
DIMMU BORGIR
LACUNA COIL
BLAZE
POWER QUEST

Saturday (Mainstage)
NIGHTWISH
MY DYING BRIDE
PARADISE LOST
CHILDREN OF BODOM
BORKNAGAR
DRAGON FORCE
BIOMECHANICAL

Saturday (Darwin Suite)
THE SINS OF THY BELOVED
TRISTANIA
SIRENIA
BAL SAGOTH
BESEECH
WAYLANDER
FULC

This is my kinda lineup, but made with some stuff for other people too...

Friday
Saxon
BLAZE
Power quest
Biomechanical

Saturday (Mainstage)
NIGHTWISH
PARADISE LOST
Children of bodom
Hammerfall
Mercury rain
Sonata arctica
Dragonforce

Saturday (Darwin Suite)
My dying bride
Opeth
Nevermore
Moonspell
In flames
WAYLANDER
FULC

Originally posted by Eagle
Let’s all have another game of ‘Fantasy Bloodstock’
Reality Dream Line Ups Only (already using confirmed bands) also I’ve been very open minded and included bands that I don’t necessarily like but I appreciate that others may want to see them.
Yet another fine selection there, Eagle. But I do believe you said "Napalm Death" when you meant to say "Borknagar" :) Also, there's the criminal omission of Annihilator, and I rather like the idea of Tristania, as others have suggested. But whatever, even with just the bands that have been confirmed so far, it's shaping up to be a very good Bloodstock '03.

:lol: there's already too much death metal at '03'! You Deathlers have already got .... errrm.

Fair Comment!

How about Dimmu Borgir & Children Of Bodom?

I don't know too much about Death Metal Bands, I've got a few sampler cds with extreme stuff on though. My Darkerst Hate & Thunderstorm seem to ring a bell.

How about Dimmu Borgir & Children Of Bodom?
Dimmu Borgir would be great both on CD and live, but I seem to be in a minority of one in that I don't want to see CoB. And of course (how many times do I have to say it?) Borknagar! Are you listening Vince??? :) I'll second Eagle's request for Masterplan and White Skull, too...

I've got total faith in your opinion Tet (as we're both Seven Deadly Sins fans) I've not ever heard any Borknagar but I will check them out. Also I can't believe I forgot (missed out) Annihilator!

Here's my revamped dream line up:

Friday
SAXON (headline)
BLAZE
BIOMECHANICAL
POWER QUEST

Saturday (Mainstage)
NIGHTWISH (headline)
HAMMERFALL
PARADISE LOST
MASTERPLAN
WHITE SKULL
VISION DIVINE
DRAGON FORCE

Saturday (Darwin Suite)
ANNIHILATOR (headline)
LACUNA COIL
BORKNAGAR
WAYLANDER
MERCURY RAIN
SNAKE EYES
FULC

I've got total faith in your opinion Tet (as we're both Seven Deadly Sins fans) I've not ever heard any Borknagar but I will check them out.
Well, you're a brave man for having total faith in me, and it's not necessarily justified. As well as the obvious power metal, my tastes have taken a turn towards the extreme of late, and I've found myself listening to more and more black metal (the melodic variety, rather than the true hardcore stuff). Borknagar fall into that category. Muscially, they're stunning. Vocally, they mix death growls with clean vocals and I think it works very well. If you're interested, I'd start with "The Archaic Course", which I think is probably the most accessible of their albums. You might also want to try "Empiricism", their latest. It took me a while to get into, and is somewhat of a departure from their previous albums (probably due to the influence of new vocalist Vintersorg), but IMHO it's a real masterpiece, and was probably my album of the year for 2001. That in itself is saying something, because to my mind, 2001 was a very strong year for metal...

BTW, since you've brought it up, what's with the absence of Seven Deadly Sins on your Bloodstock lineup?

Originally posted by dragonmaiden
Tet....there are two of us....I too do not want to see Children of Bodum!! Dimmu Borgir I would be interested to see though!
Yaay... I'm not the only one! Dimmu Borgir are worth seeing live if you haven't done so yet. I just wish they'd make more use of Vortex's vocal talents, now that he's joined as a full time band member (he was formerly in Borknagar, and only guesting on occasional tracks for Dimmu Borgir).

Personally I think we need more Power Metal!

why, out of 8 confirmed bands 5 are power metal, and 1 isn't metal (PL).

were is the Death Metal on the existing line up(there was none last year give/take Bal-sagoth)? were's the Black Metal for that matter (okay its hard to get them to perform, ever, but Satyricon might)?

Friday:
Napalm Death (Headliners)
My Dying Bride
Mistress
WAYLANDER

Saturday (Mainstage)
NIGHTWISH (headline)
HAMMERFALL
PARADISE LOST
BLAZE
DRAGONFORCE
POWER QUEST
FULC

Darwin Suite:
In Flames
Zyklon
Decapitated
Children of Bodom
Lacuna Coil
Akercocke
Mercury Rain

Dimmu Borgir, Cradle of Filth, Enslaved, Satyricon, Carpathian Forest or Darkthrone would be good to represent Black metal