Thanks For Your Emails - Please Read

Bloodstock

Sep 9, 2002
www.bloodstock.uk.com
HELLO

THANKS TO EVERYBODY WHO HAS SENT EMAILS TO US !! HERE IS A SELECTION OF THEM, AND A SPECIAL THANKS IF YOU ARE ONE OF THE NAMES BELOW!! WE CAN'T REPLY TO ALL BUT I GUESS THAT WITH THIS MAIL OUR SPIRIT GOES OUT TO ALL WHO CAME, AND AS HAS BEEN STATED - ROLL ON 2003!!
VINCE

Just a quick mail to say i had a great time! The highlight of the night for me was seeing Gamma Ray, ive been waiting to see them for years, and they did not dissapoint!! Threshold were excellent aswell, as were Blind Guardian!! Im lookin forward to next year!
ANDY

Bloodstock 02 was magnificent!!! Well organised, excellent facilities, great atmosphere - what more could you want from a rock show? In my opinion Diamond Head took the show with Gamma Ray pushing them close; got to congratulate Twelvepointhead as being the best of the 'new' bands to play. See you at Bloodstock 03
DAN BARNES

Just arrived home, a big thank you to you and all your staff for 02, it was immense. My son was just so chuffed to get backstage and meet all the bands. I thought the signing room was a brilliant idea, although I bet you were
surprised by the take up. Once again many thanks for a great event and a job exceedingly well
done. See you next year.
DAVE AND CHRIS JOHNSON

Well... what a day, from the metal lashings of Biomechanical to the highly adictive ballards of Blind guardian. I hope everyone enjoyed the day as much as I. Well, it has to be said , BLIND GUARDIAN, they headlined the event and did incredibly well.THe Encoure was just fantastic, the crouds reaction to MIRROR MIRROR said it all. Balance of power came a tight second, altho suffering from technical difficulties, they still managed to peform some top songs. Thanks to ALL THE BANDS that were at Bloodstock 02. Looking forward to next year !!
STEVE EVANS

Great day out,many thanks, highlight gotta be gamma ray, blew me away & freedom call..played way too early but still a little unknown,Diamond head impressed also.
DAVE

This was the most amzing thing ever, when i was a the ozzfest i was fed up of some of the line up but all the bands at Bloodstock(Woo Hoo) where amazing, we didnt drink at al during the day because we couldnt find time.our age rang was 16-17 but we loved everything about it.my personal highlights where, Sabbat, Bal Saggoth and Blind
Guardian not to mention Freedom Call(they where amazing). the other thing that impressed me was the lack of violence and the sight of people just merilly head banging along, i must have talked to about twenty people who i
didnt know and ended up just having a god laugh with them(despite the age gaps) but anyway, Bloodstock 02 was excelent cant wait for 03 and Rock On!
CHRIS SHIRES 17, BOLTON

Just wanted to say thanx for making bloodstock a great day out, loved every minute of it, will see you next year, 2 days \m/ hell yeah! My fav band was Primordial, who played an amazing set, closely follewed by freedom call \m/ Its great to have a festival of real metal in the uk, please please keep it this way, its great to have a festival thats not built on lame nu metal bands, as i said before , it was a great day, thanks alot!
ALAN

We've just returned to London and I wanted to say a big thank-you to you and your team from Balance of Power.We had a blast and it was great to be a part of the event. You guys rock! best wishes PETE B.O.P

I just wanted to say thanks for looking after myself and the other Rock Soc. Members yesterday. I had a brilliant day out from start to finish. Cheers
GLYN

On behalf of the 1500+ metal fans who were there yesterday, thank you for all your hard work and dedication in getting Bloodstock off the ground and making it the huge success it evidently was. Here's to next years soldout Bloodstock 03!!!!!! All the best in the future guys,
LEE

Just a short thank you for making Bloodstock 02 a fantastic day.Please also thank Paul & Adam for showing me,Andy and Mick backstage. Band of the the day ......ALL OF THEM,but special praise must be made to Elvenking & Martin for a truly fabulous performance. A big thank you also to the bands that took time to chat with fans and sign items we brought along Roll on Bloodstock 03.
DARRYL

What can I say? We had a brilliant time and it was a great feeling to be playing alongside such big names in the metal scene. Just doing the rounds of the message boards today and it seems that the general opinion is that Bloodstock02 was a massive success. I thought everything was superb from the organisation to the tea being served at the food stall!
ALAN – INFOBIA

Thanks for a brilliant day! Freedom Call, Sabbat, and Primordial made it for me! Reasonable priced Merch and beer, decent venue, 14 bands for £25, excellent!! ( I didn't like every band, but the range of metal styles represented was excellent). Signing area was cool, Art gallery was excellent!
PAUL MATTHEWS

I just wanted to say thank you on behalf of Bob and myself for putting us on the guest list on Saturday and also to congratulate you on a brilliantly organised festival - roll on the next one ! Thanks again, All the best,
Annie...+ BOB CATLEY (Magnum)

Thanks for a great day. Bringing Blind Guardian and Gamma Ray was a real coup. Freedom Call were also awesome. Keep up the good work.
DAVID

kev rice here from pro jekt we where helping out trev bamford (nightbreed) loading and roadcrewing ..this year. just a quick mail to say exellent gig ! the bloodstock event was great and one of the best run gigs we have worked on we have done loads of the goth industrial gigs with trev but this was very well done thanks for a good day
KEV

Wow fantastic day. The highlight for myself was GAMMA RAY. The speed metal was a pure treat. Everyone I spoke to loved 'em too. It was genrally agreed that HELLOWEEN may be a good act to have in the line up next year. The guided tour of the back stage are was great too. Cheers
GRAHAM FORD

glad to see 02 was such a success! It's the best organised show we've done for a long time, thanks for all your hard work. Looking forward to coming back in 2004..!
THRESHOLD

My friends and I had a great day. Amazing value for money as well!! Although, the day was still made expensive through buying many items of merchandise :) Five of us went, for the whole day, and our collective favourite was without a doubt Threshold - admittedly, we do have a soft spot for the prog end of metal.

Everyone at the event seemed very nice - no sign of the trouble that the doorkeepers seemed to think was about to erupt at any second! I was also suprised by how well the venue worked. I saw the outside and thought I was
about to spend the day in 70's hell, but it was fine - the market worked well, being spread out as it was. The art exhibition was also good, but I wonder how many didn't get to see it, because it was tucked away a little bit.

Naturally, Blind Guardian were a great headliner. It was my first time hearing most of their stuff, and I enjoyed every second. I'm intrigued as to who might be at the next festival. I think it is a good thing to try to mix styles throughout the day and have some of the smaller bands playing - a good opportunity to build a fanbase. I think it would be great to get more of those european bands that seem to play all over the continent, but never bother with England (or only visit London). Thanks again for sorting out a great day,
MATT

Congratulations from me and my friend for the amazing festival. It was more than I expected. I honestly didn't believe it could turn out so good. Thank you, Thank you. I will be more than happy if Bloodstock 03 is as good as
this one.Thank you again,
TIM + EFI

want to say a big thanks for a brilliant day out at this years metal festival. Hope all the hard work you put in was rewarded with a great day for you as it was for myself and friends i dragged along. Nice to meet a lot of people who went to last years festival as well as having the chance to talk to Bob Catley (rock God - how about getting good old Magnum to play??) Looking forward to next years show(s) and have already booked off the dates for next year - just to make sure. Can't wait really - so role on Bloodstock 2003. cheers Vince (and of course all the crew that help out at this mega day) best regards
PETER DAY

First of all, thanks a lot for letting us play at the Bloodstock festival. Everything was well-organized, so we had a pleasant stay in Derby. We enjoyed playing in front of an audience like this, which was supporting us in a great way
and it would be a pleasure for us to come back! Cheerz
DANIEL ZIMMERMAN – FREEDOM CALL AND GAMMA RAY

Thanks for a very good day out. This was our first Bloodstock and we will certainly attend next year if possible.
I enjoyed Gamma Ray, Freedom Call and Elvenking with Martin Walkyier. My fiancé enjoyed Freedom Call and the nice clean toilets? Thanks
STEVE & WENDY

I really enjoyed the day; as for 01 I was there from start to finish and am already planning my visit in 2003. Thanks for all your hard work; I hope you were able to enjoy the event. Cheers.
IAN METALMAN

I came to bloodstock and i had the best time of my life. That easily beat any other gig i have EVER been to, simply because it was just sooo cool. The sound was absolutely spot on, the lighting was fantastic, the bands...i mean, what can i say? utterly brilliant. I will DEFINITELY come next year, for both the days pencilled in. thanks again for a great Bloodstock '02 mate. talk soon
AL