Too late/Tooearly

Jushin_Liger

Slave to the Power
Mar 18, 2003
Under the Serpent Sun. Or Glasgow
I know this is probably a little alte for BS03 and its bit early to start speculating for BS04 but what about Iced Earth?

A damn fine band that haven't (to the best of my knowledge) been to the UK for a while. That a band I'd really like to see and they woudl fit nicley into a second headline or headline slot at Bloodstock.

So thats my call for Bloodstock 2004, Iced Earth and the new Helloween!

both good suggestions but I'd go for GAMMA RAY as they will have a new studio album out by then and will be touring to promote it. Also I have a feeling that they will putting down some of their next tour on a new dvd and wouldn't it be nice to have a bit of bloodstock footage in the package.

In Flames would be great for BS 04. But I think the festival is trying to keep to Power Metal Headliners...

Cradle ofFilth would be great too, They're gonna play Waken 04 so why not Bloodstock (I've never seen so many Cradle T's as at Bloodstock 02).

In fact, what I really want is ManOwaR to headline BS04. Say what you like abpout them being cheesey or whatever but they have some excellent heavy metal tunes, true class.

Is this a boys dream? I think it is! But I can hope!

---How about this...
Kreator, Destruction and Sodom all on the same day!---

Some thrash metal would be great! sabbat kicked ass last year and a band like kreator could make awsome 2nd stage headliners.

Personally id like to have bal-sagoth back again next year!

Hah, If GR are Filming a DVD then why not at BS04, nothing looks better than 3000 fans, and I'd show up to support them. But I still stand by COF as Headliners because they are British and would rope in a lot of fans, plus like I say there are a lot of fans that already attend this festival. But anyway I will turn out to support Bloodstock no matter what because of the ideals it stands for.

If you whant Thrash what about The Haunted, One Kill Wonder is a stunning album and they are proboally the best thrash band since the almighty Slayer

Baletempest said:
Hah, If GR are Filming a DVD then why not at BS04, nothing looks better than 3000 fans, and I'd show up to support them. But I still stand by COF as Headliners because they are British and would rope in a lot of fans, plus like I say there are a lot of fans that already attend this festival. But anyway I will turn out to support Bloodstock no matter what because of the ideals it stands for.

If you whant Thrash what about The Haunted, One Kill Wonder is a stunning album and they are proboally the best thrash band since the almighty Slayer

I'm more narrow minded than you. I could never support COF. I was delighted when they dropped out at Wacken (To do shitty ozzfest - that says it all) and were replaced by In Flames. If I was a COF fan and I'd already bought my wacken ticket I'd have been gutted.

I always think it should be a Traditional/Power Metal band that headlines as Bloodstock is a Heavy Metal fest and not a Death/Black Metal fest. I do think think that their should be some Death/Black/Thrash metal on the bill though. The only style (if you can call it that) that shouldn't be even be an option is anything 'NU' or anything that kerrang rates
lol.gif

Actualy COF are playing Waken 04 now insted, Ironicly Kerrang! doesn't rate them much so I find it odd that they got invited to Ozfest but thats life for ya, Ozfest is great in every country except The UK, Decapitated have played in Poland and the US one had Meshuggah:( But yeah its a corprate whore now.

Not all Nu metal is bad SOAD for example

Baletempest said:
Not all Nu metal is bad SOAD for example

I'd agree with you there. SOAD are a cracking band. Personally I can find something I like in all forms of metal and would love to see a Bloodstock bill reflecting that.

Imagine

Wildhearts
In Flames
Motorhead
Gamma Ray
Backyard Babies
Queensryche
Overkill
Fear Factory
Immortal
Henry Rollins
Queens of the Stoneage

Something like that would get my vote.

I dont think there should be nu metal at bloodstock. For 1 there is loads of festivals which have a bundle of nu metal bands, secondly there is no other annual 'Power, traditional, extreme metal' fest in the uk!