The Time of the Pumpkin?

Metalchemist

Scorpionic!
Oct 15, 2002
North-West England
Visit site
There can be no band more worthy of headlining Bloodstock than HELLOWEEN. They are metal royalty, are they not? Seeing them headline 04 would make me happy happy...silver...(what does it say after that on the intro to Starlight?).

Happy Happy Halloween, Halloween, Halloween,
Happy Happy Halloween, silver shamrock.............oh shit.....waaaaarrrggghhhhh, followed by one of the finest thrash albums ever.

I think.

Yeah Helloween would be a great choice if they play with a lot more passion than they did on the Dark Ride tour, where Blaze made them look pretty average.

Bring 'em on!

helloween would be very worthy of a big slot, theyd need a good length of time to truly wow us with their metal might...

Helloween are my #1 choice for Bloodstock headliners! I can only hope.

Come on Vince (or whoever does this stuff), let's get the Heavy Metal Hamsters on the bill! :D

PopcornDave said:
That would be especially good since we'd get Masterplan back (they're touring with Gamma Ray next year). :hotjump:

It would be rather fucking spiffing if that did occur.

However it's not always the case with festivals. This year we got Masterplan as they were the support for Hammerfall's tour. However also on the bill for at least part of the Crimson Thunder tour were Nostradameus who alas didn't get on the bill this year.

dragonmaiden said:
I would have thought there would be some bad vibes between Helloween and Masterplan!

They could settle the score the honorable way - a guitar solo contest! Now that's something I'd pay to see. :tickled:

(And yes I am aware that Roland Grapow would kick Helloween's ass but I'd still enjoy it)

No! No! No!

I love Power metal, but I've never been able to stand Helloween. I love Masterplan and I can sit through Gamma Gay (if I have too), but Helloween as well would be too much for me.

The Helloween-inspired bands like Angra, Freedom Call, Masterplan etc are all much, much better than the original IMHO.

Hmm, well after seeing him live last night I can certainly agree he's a great guitarist... I'm not sure how he compares to Roland but maybe there'd be some competition. Apparently Helloween aren't going to be at BS04 though so it doesn't really matter either way. :erk:

Good guitarist, yes. His ballet dancing leaves something to be desired, though :) I was quite impressed with new boys Sascha Gerstner and Stefan Schwarzmann, incidentally. But I still think they were mad to let Uli and Roland go, particularly Uli's songwriting talent is conspicuously absent on "Rabbit don't come easy"

I actually like the new album a lot. It'd be a hell of a lot better with a few Uli Kusch tracks, of course, but in my opinion Andi and Weiki are generally almost as good as Uli, their tracks just don't "stand out" as much as, say, The Departed or Wake Up The Mountain. I'm not sure if they'll keep the standard up for much longer, but only time will tell.

I was impressed with the two newbies as well, they really should have played solos (maybe in the ALMOST TEN FUCKING MINUTES - or at least it seemed like that - that they wasted in the Power sing-along) because there were a lot of people in that audience who needed to be convinced. They both had huge shoes to fill and should have had a chance to prove themselves. Sascha had a few turns in the spotlight but the only time when Stefan got the chance to take centre stage was the five-second drum solo in Eagle Fly Free.

I don't think the new album is their best but it's certainly adequate. I also think that 'Open Your Life' co written by Sascha sounds like a Freedom Call song.

Better Than Raw and Walls Of Jericho are my Helloween faves.

Yep, that's about my opinion. It's not a great album, but it's adequate. They've done just enough to maintain my interest, and in places (such as "Listen to the flies"), I was very impressed. But compared to Better Than Raw, or even The Dark Ride, it doesn't really stand up.