Why the hell no Hammerfall...

Docaroo

Ascension!
Mar 24, 2004
Aberdeen, Scotland
www.myspace.com
After they missed last year's gig due to Oskar's injury, why were they not first to be confirmed to come back this year?? I really was gutted to miss them last year and although Edguy were fucking amazing, I still am missing seeing my fave band! Surely other people feel the same? Why did Hammerfall not return? I can't see them filling this space:

MAIN HALL
CHILDREN OF BODOM (headline)
SONATA ARCTICA
PRIMAL FEAR
BALANCE OF POWER
EDENBRIDGE
tbc
INTENSE

:err: :erk: :confused:

So why can't we Let the Hammer Fall this year at Bloodstock '04?

-Doc

Hammerfall are not doing any shows anywhere this year. They are taking time off after their last Crusade. They will be invited to appear again in 2005 no doubt, when they have a new CD out.

We did approach them immediately but alas - no shows anywhere.

Hmmm it would be nice to see hammerfall as they were one of the first bands I got into in that genre!
They are not one of my favorite bands by all means. Glory to the Brave album was spot on..loved it and renegade is also good. i have the other 2 but havn't really listened to them much. There are better bands on this year anyways!
But i'll gladly welcome the opportunity to see them next year! :headbang:

It would've been great to see Hammerfall, they would've fuckin rocked....but they were under no obligations to be at Bloodstock this year, what happened last year was totally out of their control and it wasn't like they pulled out without having a reason. Yeah they were invited back, but they're not doing any shows this year, and doing this as a one off would've probably been to expensive to do.

I wish I'd seen them last year....but Edguy were fuckin amazing, and I very much doubt Hammerfall could ever have bettered them!

I reckon that Hammerfall could slay Edguys ass... Hearts on fire! And im not even a massive fan of Hammerfall... they just strike me as a band that can really do it live... Mind you, Edguy well and truly did it live...

Ha... i was sure this would cause some controversy... I, as with Nightwish, am a fan of Edguy but i think they are a band whos domain is the live arena and on CD thy are a bit lacklustre... And even though they were great live I imagine that Hammerfall could go that one step more metal... I think we shall have to discuss this... Although i havent seen Hammerfall live so im just presuming here... I think i shall be slain...

Jono you're just a traitor to Nightwish whom you clearly messed yourself over at '03...

I'd like to see Hammerfall but I'm hardly gutted, I imagine they are pretty great live though!
I'm prepared to wait though it's no big loss, just look at that line up, it's fucking amazing as it is!