Why we need them brummie metal gods at bloodstock '04. This will explain...

god_king

Ruler Of Life/Light
Aug 26, 2003
UK
www.geocities.com
06/22/2003
The Birmingham, England-based cult power metal band MARSHALL LAW are recording a brand new studio album, their sixth following on from "Marshall Law", "Powergame", "Law In The Raw", "Metal Detector" and "Warning From History". Last year the band was the subject of a Sanctuary Records retrospective, "Power Crazy", which included archive and previously unreleased demo tracks.

The band, featuring original members vocalist Andy Pyke and guitarists Andy Southwell and Dave Martin, will be working with their former drummer, and present-day PARADISE LOST member, Lee Morris. Their last studio outing, 1999's "Warning From History", was described by JUDAS PRIEST guitarist K.K. Downing as "absolutely bloody amazing. Those guys are fantastic guitarists."

In addition, the "Powergame" album, produced by ex-MAGNUM guitarist ROBIN GEORGE and originally only issued in Japan on the JVC Victor label, is being remixed for re-release. Upon its first issue "Powergame" sold over 30,000 copies in Japan but never surfaced elsewhere.

MARSHALL LAW
Warning From History
(Neat Metal)

I hardly remember these guys from many years ago when I got to hear their (self-titled?) debut. I really liked it back then, but somehow lost track for one reason or another regarding their following releases. Well, at least Neat Records made it possible that I got to hear their latest full length "Warning From History" again. And I must say that I'm quite impressed about the band's evolution. They've definitely become a lot heavier, but not in the sense of sounding more modern or anything, this is just true Heavy Metal with a lot of incorporated old feeling. Excellent! The band exactly sounds like Heavy Metal should sound - never as happy as Gamma Ray / Helloween and the likes, or as pathetic as Hammerfall, and also not progressive / technical as the majority of the newer bands. This is basic straight forward melodic Heavy Metal with a strong vocalist and a great guitar department. It's been a long time ever since I heard something convincing like this coming from the land that brought us the NWOBHM! Hope there's more to come!
Frank Stöver

Marshall Law

*Birmingham metal outfit Marshall Law release their new studio album, their fifth full length album to date, on June 14th. "Warning From History" has confirmed releases in UK, Europe, Japan, Brazil, Argentina, Chile and USA.

Marshall Law's last album, "Metal Detector" garnered critical acclaim across the globe opening up new territories for the band set to be capitalised on with this new release.

Retaining the mainstay line up of vocalist Andy Pyke, guitarists Andy Southwell and Dave Martin and bassist Roger Davis the band have now added drummer Chris Green.

The new material sees Marshall Law with the characteristic riffs, heaviness and determination but allied to a more epic style. Make no mistake though this is unashamed and utter more metal than metal!

Steve Grimmett of Grim Reaper / Lionsheart adds his tonsils on backing vocals and Magnum guitarist Tony Clarkin makes a guest appearance too. Listen out for Rock icon Tommy Vance who guests on the album adding the narration!

The band have been confirmed for an appearance at the 10th annual Wacken Festival in Germany in August where 40000 + metal fans will catch the first glimpse of the new Marshall Law playing alongside Metal Church, U.D.O., Hammerfall and others. They have also confirmed their slot on the Bang Your Head Festival in Germany on 18/19 June, alongside Deep Purple, Motorhead and WASP. Watch this space for more dates to be announced soon.

Warning 1999.
From History (NM035) is released on June 14th

http://www3.tky.3web.ne.jp/~mlaw/

http://leatherwarriors.web.infoseek.co.jp/MarshallLaw/index.html

http://www.assassination.co.uk/marl.htm

http://www.rockdetector.com/artist.asp?ID=5639&position=1

alternatively there is mp3 in my group, heh. Garry Sharp Young was their A&R man back then.

POWER CRAZY indeed.

Are you really British or what?

Why are you in favour of foreign bands?

I'm really ashamed of you lot. This band is the best and they are 90's true real world class metal band from UK.

On their day they can kick Blind Guardian or Rhapsody's ASS easy.

If you don't know Marshall Law you are not real metal fan.

Please stop mentioning poor band list.

I'm really pissed off.

No wonder this country's metal scene is suffering. We don't need to rely on old bands Saxon or Maiden all the time.

I've heard of them, but like 500+ other bands, just never got round to listening to any. Though if they did play at bloodstock, it would be a great advert for them. I'm all for British metal, bring them on!

god_king said:

I'm really ashamed of you lot. This band is the best and they are 90's true real world class metal band from UK.

I'm really pissed off.

No wonder this country's metal scene is suffering. We don't need to rely on old bands Saxon or Maiden all the time.

We have some excellent metal bands in this country IMHO! Motorhead, Judas Priest, Power Quest, Threshold, Dragonforce, Intense, Infobia..I could name more! Alot of these bands have already been named on many threads on this board!

Sorry ... but in no way .. IMHO...do Marshall Law measure up to Blind Guardian! You are entitled to your opinion ..that is mine! However, there is no reason why they shouldn't play at Bloodstock!!

Cheers

dragonmaiden

god_king said:

I'm really pissed off.

Don't talk soft boy!

Marshall Law are a mediocre british band who are just standing in the shadow of newer, younger and technically superior brit metal bands like Power Quest, Mercury Rain, Intense, Shadow Keep, Balance Of Power & Infobia (all of these have played at previous bloodstocks).

Thanks Eagle but Dragon Force and Power Quest is like Bolton Wonderers FC of heavy-metal. They are mostly bunch of foreigners. I'm not saying foreigners are bad because I'm halfcast myself. So don't call me racist either.

All those bands you mentioned above is really.......

You told me that you've never heard of M-L, Impellitteri and Tankard etc.

I bet you've never checked url that I gave to you.

So don't talk rubbish.

M-L wasn't active when Bloodstock started back in 2001.

I didn't go to the first one cos line up was poor.

dragonmaiden do you think K.K. Downing lie things like quotes avobe?

1999's "Warning From History", was described by JUDAS PRIEST guitarist K.K. Downing as "absolutely bloody amazing. Those guys are fantastic guitarists.

I bet none of you heard that album.

Sure I like Blind Guardian and Rhapsody but I rate M-L above.

They are killers.

god_king said:
Thanks Eagle but Dragon Force and Power Quest is like Bolton Wonderers FC of heavy-metal. They are mostly bunch of foreigners. I'm not saying foreigners are bad because I'm halfcast myself. So don't call me racist either.

All those bands you mentioned above is really.......

You told me that you've never heard of M-L, Impellitteri and Tankard etc.

I bet you've never checked url that I gave to you.

So don't talk rubbish.

M-L wasn't active when Bloodstock started back in 2001.

I didn't go to the first one cos line up was poor.

dragonmaiden do you think K.K. Downing lie things like quotes avobe?

1999's "Warning From History", was described by JUDAS PRIEST guitarist K.K. Downing as "absolutely bloody amazing. Those guys are fantastic guitarists.

I bet none of you heard that album.

Sure I like Blind Guardian and Rhapsody but I rate M-L above.

They are killers.

I'm not saying you're racist and I'm also not saying you're not entitle to your opinion and I also believe that you research your facts very well and there's no doubting your loyalty and dedication to the bands you rate.

However, what I will say is that you've come onto this board with a very aggresive attitude towards some band and their fans. I mean come on, you've even stated that yourself and Paul Di'anno would like to beat up on Hammerfall/Manowar fans. There's nothing wrong with a bit of friendly slagging, myself and Black Lagoon have had many an online battle and although heated it's always done in friendly nature.

Basically what I'm saying is by all means promote the likes of Marshall Law and Tankard and I'm sure you'll get the support of some folk and maybe even influence the right people. But cut down on the nasty, personal remarks and lets keep this forum active and friendly.

Or if you do want to throw in a nasty comment then put a wink ;) at the end of it. That way no one should take true offence.

Oh really :-| heh.......................... hahaha-

"Warning From History" Best HEAVY METAL album ever. More metal than METAL!

Another reviews from nolifetilmetal and ultimate metal.

There is no negative review on all Internet.

MARSHALL LAW

Power metal band formed in 1988 in Birmingham, England. Their first self titled cd was released in 1989. Since that time the band has released "Power Crazy" (1991), Powergame (1993), Law in the Raw (1996), Metal Detector (1997), and Warning From History (1999).

Marshall Law-Learning from History (Neat/Pony Canyon) 1999

I bought this cd from a friend who was clearing out his cd collection and was pleasantly surprised by the sounds that came out of my speakers. Marshall Law is yet another hidden gem of the speed metal/heavy metal genre. Their style is reminiscent of Running Wild, Gamma Ray or even "Painkiller"-era Priest, yet not really a carbon copy of any of them. They also have a big NWOBHM influence that is quite appealing to me. "Warning From History" is incrusted with fast down-picked metal riffs, melodic vocals, and furious guitar solo. Hmmm, sounds like REAL heavy metal to me. Will have to investigate the band's back catalogue now.

Marshall Law

British in-your-face power metal, along the lines of classic Priest, and current heavy hitters Primal Fear and Sinner. Chock-full of power riffs and grooves.

Metal Detector

Nasty, churning power metal, in the vein of Primal Fear, faster Sinner, and classic heavy Priest. The vocals are close to Ralf Scheepers, though smoother and not quite as over-the-top. UK power, made to order.
The fast and ripping "Twisted This" opens the fest, and is followed by a host of strong tracks, including the smooth and solid "Seek and You Shall Find" and "The Seeds of Change," the steady "Feed the Need," and the uptempo "Devices".
Nasty and evil verses highlight "Swarm," and "Addicted to the Pain" contains more vocal bliss. "Meganoid" has a head-moving power rhythm, and the ultra-steady "Empowerment" stands atop the heap with its strong and biting chorus.
Yet another great European band, and even more unheralded than the aforementioned Primal Fear and Sinner. A force to be reckoned with, though. Scoop it up, kiddies...

TRACK LIST: Osmium/Twisted This/War/Seek and You Shall Find/Swarm/Feed the Need/Devices/Addicted to the Pain/ Empowerment/The Sands of Time/Meganoid/The Seeds of Change/Iridium

Warning From History

The band's fourth studio release, and even more ripping than the previous 'Metal Detector'. The songs as a whole are faster (think Primal Fear's absolute fastest), and there is also an added edge to the band's distortion sound. Rip-a-licious!
Opener "Victory at Last" is breakneck and searing, and is followed by the same-held "Locked and Loaded". Other fast and heavy hitters include "Harbinger," "Retreat," and the Japanese bonus tracks "Searching for Paradise" and "Powergame".
Though slower, "Remembered Forever" is still driving and churning, and the band then kicks it back into high gear for the buzzsaw-and-harmonic pace of "Blood on Blood". "March of History" has a killer rhythm, and the chugging "God King" breaks out wth a slashing chorus.
The top spot is held by "Crucified," complete with a neck-moving drive and nasty in-song notes...
Once again, some powerful bliss by these UK smashers.

TRACK LIST: Foregathering/Victory at Last/Locked and Loaded/Remembered Forever/Harbinger/Blood on Blood/Crucified/ March of History/Pray For Deliverance/God King/Retreat/Searching For Paradise/Powergame

Power Quest, Dragonforce, Mercury Rain, Intense, Shadow Keep, Balance Of Power & Infobia... You can't compare with them... I'm really offended.

;-) ;-) ;-) :-:)-:)-(

BUY WARNING FROM HISTORY now I'm forcing ya with a GUN!

*I'm only trying to help you lot so you lot can hear real good ultra super mega high standard very best of HEAVY METAL. I own over 400 heavy-metal/progressive/punk rock cds and I can't be wrong. Sure my music taste can be bit nationalistic. But I'm very honest.

I've been into metal for 10 years. First gig was Gary Moore Wild Frontier tour in Tokyo when I was 7. My mum's friend is Bob Daisley of Chickinshank, Widow Maker, Rainbow, Ozzy Osbourne, Uriah Heep, Gary Moore, Black Sabbath, Yngwie Malmsteen, Mothers Army etc.

British Steel 4 ever

I see that you are a great fan and the band should be proud they have such a loyal fan as you, I do feel you are very aggressive towards people, I have heard ML and I do believe them to be a decent band, but, not the best band or best album ever or anything like that.

You were giving me shit for liking ManOwaR, have I said anything to you? No

You have some anger problems I think

If I made a post saying Marshal Law are shit, posers, not real metal, you would give me a load of shit and rightly so, but don't dish it out if you can't take it.

Why are you trying to convince everyone.

So what...you have 400 cd's, is that supposed to be impressive, and for the record, you can be wrong, we can all be wrong

Please grow up...I personally, am not impressed by your boasts and claims of being "True and all knowing" don't think many other people are.

This is not a personal attack, just trying to help you out, you come across as very arrogant and some people are not as tolerant about this.

If you want a pissing contest, don't do it here.

Of course best album ever is bull shit statement from me because I rate Blues Metal era or one off Sykes killer White Snake "1987" very high. Judas Priest - Pain Killer, Defender Of Faith, Killing Machine, Gamma Ray - Power Plant, Thin Lizzy - Thunder & Lightning, Impellitteri - System X, MSG - Assault Attack, UFO - Phenomenon, Rainbow - Rising, Saxon - Killing Ground, Megadeth - Rust In Peace, Iron Maiden - Somewhere In Time, Killers, Grave Digger - Rheingold, Helloween - Keeper Of The 7 Keys Part 1 Dream Theatre - Images & Words, Billy Idol - Rebel Yell, Gentle Giant - Octopus, ELP - Tarkus, Gary Moore - Wild Frontier you name it. These albums are all killers. But this " Warning From History" is my recent killer recomemdation.

I even like Bad Co, Free and shit.

Don't take everything seriously. Don't take it as whole context.

80's Glam metal Manowar still rott my brain though :-D I wasn't lying about Jaguar being first official power metal stuff either.

Metal is all about aggression. don't go soft as fruit cake.

I like this band's this album. There's not many consistantly good bands. But M-L or Megadeth is very consistant. :hotjump:

I'm arrogant just on the net haha :-O Well me obviously being graphic designer/illustrator that arty side of me makes arrogant.

Who gives a shit. No one's gonna come and stub me from behind.

I find ranting is pretty hilarious.

I've been banned at few chat rooms, if people get offence then so be it.

400 CDs are not best or not that impressive amount for a records collectors.

But I know what's good and what's bad compares to someone who owns 200 CDs.

I read lot's of references also.

I shouldn't be judging or telling people that your taste is bad but I can't help it.

But criticising is fun but sometimes littlebit hurtful and painfull I guess.

Those hip-hop gangsta so solid crews, homo pop Gareth Gates fun or indie rockers would say same thing about me. who cares. Are they my friend? Are they worth it? hell no.

But you lot are metallers so maybe worth it. So I want to convince.

* I never bad mouthed about Paradise Lost like let's say iron eagle ( no offence but this is true ).
She said bad things about P-L zillion times. And I've never said Power Metal or one genre is superier than Black or anything. Obviously good and bad exist on everything not just music.

Ive got Warning from History and yes it is good but I have heard better . I thought it bombed sales wise and Marshall Law had packed it in. They died a death at Wacken and were never seen again. If they are back then they would get a good reaction at Bloodstock but how many times does the band Marshall Law need to be re-launched ? :hotjump: :Spin:

god_king said:
80's Glam metal Manowar still rott my brain though :-D

Metal is all about aggression. don't go soft as fruit cake.

I am offended, ManOwaR are not glam, maybe you need some more CD's to expand your knowledge.

No wonder you keep geting banned from chat rooms and forums, you are the biggest troll I have ever seen, you just post something offensive to start an arguement and you must love argueing.

Here's a quote from a site you were using to "prove" your arguement

Marshall Law has been toiling away in their native England for about a decade, and at various times it's been written that they are strongly influenced by Judas Priest, almost to the point of being a clone

http://www.bnrmetal.com/groups/mala.htm

Marshall Law are one of those "Judas Priest clones" Oh, that makes sense now

And what's with the Homophobic comments, you love a band that is a Judas Priest clone and Judas Priest have re-united with Halford, so are you gonna call them "Homo Metal"

You'll probably reply with a string of incohert sentences and probably some personal attacks as before but I don't care anymore, you are not worth my time argueing with.

Bye bye :wave:

READ this carefully.

From BNR METAL

Marshall Law Origin: Birmingham, England
Last Update: July 8, 2003

Marshall Law has been toiling away in their native England for about a decade, and at various times it's been written that they are strongly influenced by Judas Priest, almost to the point of being a clone. Whether this is simply due to the band hailing from the same town as Priest (Birmingham) is not certain. In any case, the album reviewed here, Metal Detector, is a traditional metal album with a British flair, and while there may be similarities to Painkiller era Priest, it doesn't really scream "Judas Priest clone". It is a fine album of cutting power metal, without the happy choruses that a lot of European so-called power metal bands employ (actually, Metal Detector sounds more American than European). Really a good band that could use a break to gain some worldwide acclaim. Since 1999's Warning From History little has been heard from the band, and their status is therefore uncertain.

BNR metal arn't that good source.

I'm sorry that you are upset.

But I don't like Manowar and a lot's bands you guys mentioned in here. I still think most of you guys have bad taste in metal.

I want this band I want that band. It'll never happen.

You also stiring the shit on me. Provoking? No way. And unfortunatly I'm not a goodie two shoes like some of you.

So please accept it and I'll stop bad mouthing. And I'll never write to this rubbish ultimatemetal.com board. Since I have my own group with 83 people.

About Rob being gay. Sure I am homophobe but so what? That doesn't make me dislike Rob's vocal or Roy Khan of Kamelot. homo is a homo it's a fact.

We call cheesy music stuff gay. It's a slang.

chat room thing? Only one of them for swearing that's all.

You seems to like more arguing than me.

Anyways have a nice day.

And who is better band and better album? It's all individual taste. Sure any one can be wrong. So?

Heavy Metal Samurai proved that he is typical gay retarded scaus Manowar fan and I've never said anything nasty before. Just slagging off Manowar.

Bye bye is from me asshole. -I- skinny WT