Auto-tune Evo Troubles. Kind of Urgent.

koalamo

Aug 24, 2009
Hicktown New York.
I'm printing a bass track with auto-tune and when I look at the printed track and the original, the printed track appears to be quite a bit unaligned.

I've tried lining things up manually on the grid but as I scroll through random points on the track they gradually become unaligned again.

Is this a latency issue, I've never noticed this before when printing vocals.

Edit: I also should probably mention I'm runing cubase 5 and I have my asio buffer set to 512 (idk if this is relevant at all)

what daw? maybe instead of printing you should try just processing the file, that's what I do in cubase. I think you can do it the same way in protools as well.

this is a good reason to tune first, then edit timing though.

edit: ok yeah, just process the file. if you ever want to go back you can use the process history to get rid of it.

[UEAK]Clowd;9827980 said:
what daw? maybe instead of printing you should try just processing the file, that's what I do in cubase. I think you can do it the same way in protools as well.

this is a good reason to tune first, then edit timing though.

edit: ok yeah, just process the file. if you ever want to go back you can use the process history to get rid of it.

By process you mean open the plugin on the actual audio by right clicking and selecting it in the drop down menu right?

And I haven't edited the timing yet it's just that its clearly shifting the audio that was pretty much perfectly played in time. :/ thanks for the advice though will try.

Edit: If by process, you do mean apply the plugin directly to the track like I described above, how do you do that? It won't let me play back the track in order to capture the audio into autotune when I have it set up this way, you cannot click out of the plugin window, bring up the transport panel or anything.

By process you mean open the plugin on the actual audio by right clicking and selecting it in the drop down menu right?

yes.

you have to click "track audio" or whatever and then hit preview.

edit: oh and dont forget to set the source to internal