Avantasia - Metal Opera 3 - Great News!!

dwellceller

Dec 20, 2004
Australia
www.myspace.com
Saw this at Blabbermouth.net on dec 28th ----Awesome news! I loved both the first 2 Avantasia cds - esp the first one with the incredible song 'Reach out for the Light' - one of the best songs ever IMO! I know this should interest Theocracy fans - as Avantasia is often mentioned as similar to Theocracy.

"EDGUY frontman Tobias Sammet has confirmed via his official web site that he is currently working on the third installment of his solo project AVANTASIA. "Again it's going to be a conceptual album with different musicians and singers," he writes.

"You ask why I am doing it? Because I can! Because I am dying to go for it! And because the time has come that I feel ready and strong enough to start something big, bombastic and monumental again! Believe me: you won't find any other man on the face of the earth who has got more work and stress right now — and who's yet as happy as I am. It's so exciting to see another dream of mine take shape."

AVANTASIA's last release was the two-part epic called "The Metal Opera" (issued in 2001 and 2002), which featured an impressive array of guest vocalists playing the various characters of the opera, including Michael Kiske (ex-HELLOWEEN), David DeFeis (VIRGIN STEELE), Sharon Den Adel (WITHIN TEMPTATION), Kai Hansen (GAMMA RAY), André Matos (ANGRA, SHAAMAN), Timo Tolkki (STRATOVARIUS), Rob Rock (WARRIOR), and others.

For more information on AVANTASIA, visit The Official Tobias Sammet.com !. "

Sweet! I still have to pick up his first two, but I'm looking forward to this release (and the other two lol).

a couple of weeks ago i saw more news on this at blabbermouth saying that it will b called 'The Scarecrow', and Tobias and co r quite advanced in it's making.....

Another huge power metal project to look foward to this year ! :headbang: